Eberron - The dawn of the warforged (recruitment closed)

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Hi there.

For the moment recruitment 's closed.

character creation rules and thread
In-Game thread

As for playing : I normally have a free day on tuesdays, so that will be my regular update day. That means that I expect players to post at least once per week with monday night being the deadline. If everyone posts before that and I have the time to respond, all the better, we might have 2-3 posts in a week. I know that people will disappear without prior notice, so I use the 3-strikes-and you're out mechanic. If someone doesn't respond by the deadline when we're in combat or when their action matters I'll post in their place, no arguments about the actions I take. You miss 3 posts in a row without prior notice, you'll be NPC'd untill I find someone to take over your character, if not your character will die a gruesome death. I'll not stall the game in the vain hope of someone reappearing.

Evil Platypus

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Interested...but...questions...

1. What source material is available for character creation?

2. What is the starting level?

3. What method for ability score generation do you want players to use?

4. What do characters get for starting gold/gear?

5. How familiar do players need to be with Eberron?

6. Any house rules?

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Interested...but...questions...

1. What source material is available for character creation?

2. What is the starting level?

3. What method for ability score generation do you want players to use?

4. What do characters get for starting gold/gear?

5. How familiar do players need to be with Eberron?

6. Any house rules?

All official D&D 3.5 material, 'cept for magic of incarnum because I can't get my head wrapped around it. Not everything is enterily suited for all different concepts, it'll depend a little on how this goes.

Starting level still needs to be decided, but the setting is fairly low-level overall. It will also depend on the concept, but if we start low-level the XP granted will be substantial.

I usually give the players a few sets of stats to choose from.

Starting gear will be depending on the concept.

The people who come up with a concept should know what they're talking about, but some google- and wiki-fu should give you a fair idea of what's what.

No house-rules.

Hope this helps a bit.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Well, I'm a fan of wizards so I'll probably go that route here. Without knowing more about the adventure and/or the group's theme, I'm going to hold off on delving any further into the concept so I can make it fit the group better.

I like the idea of a noble and their entourage (myself preferring to play a member of the entourage).

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Allright. So we have a warband and a noble. SO if we combine these we have a warband, which could be led by a noble. See, it's easy :). Any preferences of home country? As an aside, there dragonmarked houses could count as nobles as well, kind of.

Shayuri

First Post
I have a wacky idea for a warforged soulknife.

I have no idea if it's really viable mechanically, as I recall soulknives were pretty widely dismissed as a bad class...but I just have this image in my head of a cool robot with glowy blades and it is making me happy.

I'll see if I can cobble something respectable together in time.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Another idea for a group theme - we're all warforged. :) Maybe a unit from the Last War that got lost and is only now making its way back to civilization.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases