Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 8 is now available in the D&D 3.5 fan creations section.

The list of contents is as follows:

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Kazgoroth the Beast
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Druids of Moonshae
Deities With a Difference: The Earthmother
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Dynasties of the Ffolk
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Heralds of the High King
Deities With a Difference: Grond Peaksmasher
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – An Alternate History
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Cults of Fury
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Greystone Pack
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles - High Lady Ordalf Moonshayl
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Banshrae

This series of articles is very much a reinvention of the Moonshaes, removing the novel events in favour of a much more interactive version of the return of Kazgoroth (which will be revealed in issue 10). Hopefully it will act as a teaser for issues 9 and 10. As such it is only partially compatible with the canon Moonshae material and for issue 9 i will be releasing an alternative Moonshae sourcebook that expands on the life, the geography, and other things pertinent to the Moonshae Isles.

As always if anyone wants to get involved with articles of their own, or proof reading, or artwork, or any other skills they have then I would be glad of the help.

If anyone has any feedback that would also be greatly appreciated, and finally if anyone wants to contact me about any of the above then PM me with your email address and we can talk.

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 9 is now available in the D&D 3.5 fan creations downloads section. It is a rewrite of the Moonshaes Sourcebook and combined with Issue 8 will hopefully provide enough information to run a campaign in the region.

Issue 9 Contents

Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Moonshae Isles
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Callidyrr
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Corwell
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Dwarvenhome
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Gnarhelm
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Korinn Archipelago
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Moray
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Norheim
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Norland
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Oman
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Snowdown
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Myrloch Vale
Appendix #1 – Complete Timeline

dazzlerdal

Explorer
After trying out the DM's Guild I decided it wasn't for me. PDFs and version control had been a major bottom ache and I disliked that once I posted my work I was no longer entitled to post it anywhere else.

So I have now decided to move onto a website format (so I can mess around with html) and so I only have to update something once if I change my mind.

Its a wordpress site and I'm a bit new to it but I'm working on the Old Empires at the moment to rebuild and build upon what I started way back in issue 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Some of the pages are blank as I was trying to figure out the menu's but I'm working on one page or another of it for about 2 hours every day.

I now have details on the Old Empires taking shape (specifically Unther, TiaMa'at, Dalath at the moment) as well as a rule system (ARRGS) to accompany the alternate version of the Realms.

I'm not sure which of the links work below (so please let me know which is more useful for accessing it). It may also require a wordpress login to access (but I'm not 100% certain if that is correct).

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/

https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/125303490/posts/2

I would appreciate any feedback people have on the new format or any of the ideas. I will continually update things as I go along. And once the Old Empires are finished it will probably be back to the Moonshaes (I was never quite happy with how I did Snowdown)

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Working on Shussel now.

The big secret here is that the church of isis is secretly infiltrating the church of shussel (which was desperately short of manpower following Gil-Geamesq executing all the senior priests decades ago).

It may not be a big secret for adventurers from elsewhere but in Unther it is a big deal and is probably punishable by death (everything is usually punishable by death or enslavement in Unther).

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/shussel/

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Finished the outline of the Church of Ish-Tarri

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/the-church-of-ish-tarri/

Working on the Church of Ram-Manu now. I'm having it almost completely annihilated by Gil-Geamesq and his persecution. However it was not officially outlawed and Ram-Manu is still alive so the Church of Anhur has sent clergy who originally hail from Buldamar to masquerade as ensi of Ram-Manu that did not take part in the conflict with the rest of the church.
https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/the-church-of-ram-manu/

Also worked a bit on Shu-Ruppaki. I'm unsure on his origins at the moment so any thoughts are welcome.

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Tried adding some pictures (let me know what you think). Worked out a vague structure for the armies of Unther. Added a new npc for the church of ramman and finished thr outline for the church of ramman.

dazzlerdal

Explorer
So ishtar in Unther seems to have no role or effect on any of the events from what i can see.

Her priests do the day to day stuff and bring rain to the greenfields. Ishtar supposedly has an incarnation in shussel (even though the untheric gods dont have incarnations) that is never mentioned again. Ishtar handed her power to isis long ago and disappeared despite being present in 1356 to help out when gilgeam wrestles a dragon turtle and destroys a lot of the harbour.

Ishtar is not mentioned in any future event and everything after 1357 involving ishtar also mentions isis.

So im going to kill ishtar off. But not completely (i dislike removing things totally). Im having her chased out of firetrees by shuruppak and priests of gilgeam and they kill her and dump her body in an old grave pit way out in the greenfields.

Of course the gravepits house a weird fungus that eats bodies to grow fruiting bodies. Im thinkig that ishtars dying consciousness gets absorbed into this bit of fungus (long separated from that in firetrees) and is now a sentient fungus with magic powers that yearns for revenge and has an insatiable hunger for flesh and blood.

I might even have a cult or two worship her as a god of vengeance (not the poetic justice kind but the horrible brutal murdering kind).

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/ish-tarri/

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Working on the enclave now.

For the moment I'm thinking that its headquarters are in a portal nexus (a demi plane where the portals from around the region connected to so you could travel around quicker if you had the right portal keys). That's why the enclave's headquarters is said to be all over the greenfields, because the portals from the nexus actually exit all over Unther (but more than a few no longer function).

History wise I'm thinking that the enclave was formed from one or two members of the Brotherhood of Black Flame (formed by the mages that Gilgeam persecuted out of paranoid fear) that stumbled across the portal when the Brotherhood was destroyed and they fled and accidentally discovered the portal nexus (the sources say some of them fled to the Planes so a demi-plane fits that piece).

Over time the organisation stopped fighting Unther and instead started working towards preserving Untheric magical lore. I'm also linking the Amethyst Sodality to the Enclave (enhancement for Lost Empires of Faerun by Ed Bonny). That group of formerly Imaskari mages infiltrated the Brotherhood of Black Flame hoping to use them to destroy Unther, it was one of the Sodality that possessed the portal key (unknowingly) and discovered the portal nexus. However the links between the Sodality and the Enclave have long vanished (the portals only function within a region (Unther), so the infiltrator could not get back to Ulgarth where the Amethyst Sodality survives as a secret society like the Knights of the Shield).

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/the-enclave/

dazzlerdal

Explorer
A brief skeleton for Red Haven (which I'm renaming to Nissel).

I've decided to make Nissel the gateway to Unther for outsiders. Its soo rough and lawless that Gil-Geamesq pretends it doesn't exist because past attempts to clear it out have failed and the God-King cannot fail.

All the illegal items you want can be found here. Secret organisations from across Faerun use Nissel as the starting point to get agents into Unther.

THe only problem with Nissel is that just about every inhabitant is a capable and bloodthirsty killer with a complete lack of morals (or is pretending to be that) so its not exactly a friendly place.

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/nissel-red-haven/

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Expanded a bit on the Methwood and the elven presence in the Old Empires before Imaskar. It's detailed on the Unther page

https://alternaterealmsblog.wordpress.com/unther/

Created a new elven realm (tentatively named Enyllstaar) which is documented as being home to dark skinned elves.

Detailed a bit about Myth Vaelorthae (City of Beautiful Blades - Named for the enormously tall trees that stood out of the forest canopy like green swords).
Metos sits atop this city (which was really just a grove of huge trees). The Imaskari flattened the grove and built their fortress atop it.

Metos was abandoned when Imaskar fell but the turami slaves soon moved back in after the Mulan drove them out of Unther and Akanu. These turami were joined by the remaining elves of Enyllstaar who fled the destruction of the forest by Unther and Akanu.

The ancient magics of Myth Vaelorthae allowed animals and plants to reach their full potential no matter the limitations (such as poor diet). This magic has been corrupted with age and the tinkering of TiaMa'at (who found it around 200 DR and lived here until 1018 DR when the dracorage drove her insane), it now is causing massive overgrowth of vegetation and animals and the merging of creatures to create weird hybrids creatures.

Skuuthosiin lives in Metos, ruling over tribes of feral turami half elves. He only has access to a few extra dimensional spaces of Metos (each space requires a different key) and so there is still much treasure left in the ruins.

There are still other elves of Enyllstaar left in the Methwood. They hate all outsiders and will hide first and attack if pressed. They war with Skuuthosiin and his servants constantly trying to regain the ability to regrow their elder groves (Myth Vaelorthae was mobile, they could replant the groves with acorns from the original trees but they lost this ability over the millennia).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases