Dwimmermount IC:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi meanwhile is focused on the magic-user who has joined them.

"Well met indeed, Climent. I Am Jimi, Acolyte of Tyche, and these are my associates... ah, or rather, there go my associates" he says, watching Midgrim and Klyman leaving the tavern. "We are planning to delve deep into the Dwimmermount and investigate the strange happenings within. No doubt you have heard of the ill-fated Typhonites that returned recently? With the blessings of Tyche with us, we hope to have greater fortune."

Jimi takes a long swig of ale before continuing.

"Although I have been blessed with a small measure of magic by divine influence, I admit that I know little of the deep inner workings of the more arcane arts. But regardless of your motives, it feels reassuring to know that we are not the only group willing to brave the unknown."

Piston Honda

First Post
Gargrim hadn't quite finished his meal as he had been too busy with the ale. He watched Midgrim and Klyman get up to leave and listened as Jimi continued speaking to Climent. More wizardy speak, time to excuse himself. "I had better make sure everything goes well there. Ye seem ta have this covered. I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to hear ye sing of yer ancestors." Gargrim smiled before taking a huge last bite, then took off behind Midgrim and Klyman, ale in hand.

Imperialus

Explorer
Jimi:
Climent nods in the direction of the departing dwarves "It is alright, I am well used to the discomfort that their kind feel towards the arcane. As for Dwimmermount, yes, there have been many strange happenings..." he pauses for a moment as if considering something "If I may suggest a proposal to you. As you know I await my own group, the Red Shields. Unfortunately they seem to have been delayed significantly. Perhaps you and your companions would consider another to join your expedition for a share of the treasure? I have but a small arsenal of spells at my disposal, but I suspect that someone with knowledge of the arcane may be useful within the dungeon."

Midgrim & others:
Returning to the market square you find that most of the shops have been closed. By asking around for Corporal Danthan you are directed to the tower of one of the gatehouses and find him finishing his evening meal with the other gate guards. "evenin' master Dwarf... Goldaxe ain' it? What cen I do ya fer? If'n you're wantin' ta leave, I'm afraid the gates are shut till sunup cept for emergencies."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Muntburg Gatehouse

Midgrim shakes his coarsely braided head, dismissing such petty concerns: "Was rather thinking of sharing a pint with tha local hard-working men, if'n you fellows got no objections?" And he pushes his jug of frothy goodness onto their table.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman adds his jug of ale to the offering presented to the guards. "We - I - wasn't sure how thirsty you might be, so I wanted to be safe."

Imperialus

Explorer
Midgrim and others:

Corporal Danthan gestures at the empty seats at his table "Be all means, sit yaselfs down. I be wishin' that all this excitement was happenin' twenny years ago. It been somthin' of a rite o' passage here in Muntburg fer the young folks to go an' try their hand at getten through the Red Doors. I meself did it when I was a lad. Oh, we was young and full o' piss and vinegar back den. We made ouselfs a battren ram, dragged it up ta the doors..." He proceeds to launch into a long winded tale about how he and his friends tried to breach the arcane barrier. Obviously it was unsuccessful and it ended in the group being attacked and driven off by a group of goblins.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mubntburg Gatehouse

The rotund dwarf casts Klyman an appreciative look under bushy eyebrows: good man! Never too much ale, he always says!

Midgrim pours generously for whoever wants some during the corporal's story, himself included, confident his dwarven metabolism (and great girth) can more than keep up with the taller humans. "But then tha Fists came in, right?" he prompted, mug in hand and leaning on the table when it seemed appropriate. "And THEY got through."

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi watches his other Dwarven ally leave the tavern. Was it something he said? Had he committed some sort of Dwarven faux pas?

"Ah..." he mumbles absentmindedly, still a bit perturbed by the sudden absence of all of his colleagues. Join their group? It was true that they could use an arcanist - Jimi's training covered only the magic of the Gods, and the Dwarves and thief surely would be of little use when it came to spells and such. Climent's knowledge and abilities would be invaluable.

"Ah that is... of course! We would be more than happy to have you and your magical skills along."
he says cheerfully, beaming at Climent. The rest of the group wouldn't mind, would they? No, if anything, his companions would surely be impressed by his initiative in finding a mage to complement their group. What could possibly go wrong?

He raises his tankard.

"Welcome to the expedition, Climent. May Tyche smile upon us all! Now then, do take a share of our meal and a flagon of ale. I'm sure my... that is, our fellow adventurers will return shortly and we can all make proper introductions."

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman listens to Corporal Danthan and his new friend Midgrim speak about the red doors and goblins. "Yes, corporal, did they get through? And do you know the secret of how they managed to get through? Is there a key, or maybe some mystical formula or ritual one must perform to open the Red Doors? And what of the goblins?"

Imperialus

Explorer
@Midgrim and others: "Aye, Typhon's Fists... Ta be honest, I'm not sure how much o help I can be. They came, said they had business with Fadher Had, left the next day, came back a couple'o day's later all banged to hell'n back. One o' em, a Dwarf like ye-self said that they'd gotten in and then found skeletons wit' four arms thatin they clerics couldn't do noting about. Then their leader shut em up real quick like, went back to Fadher Had, and then on to Adamas. Turning to Klyman "Fraid I dunno how they got in. Maybe they used the Red Doors, maybe not. As for rituals, formulas, other magiks... Well I say this much. Ifin there's a sorcery that exists to try and open them doors, it's been tried at least once, probably more than that ina the past two hunred years... He pauses for a moment as if considering whether or not he should say more before lowering his voice and speaking somewhat conspiratorially. I's only tellin yall this because Emmelise seems ta think you's good folks but don' go spreading it around... Personally I be wonderin if the Fists actually opened it theyselfs or ifin they found it unbarred... Round about two months ago some o' the trappers livin' round these parts started tellen me that they be seeing strange lights, and odd folks movin about the mountain. One o' the fellows, Rosco even said he saw folks goin in and out the Red Doors. Ifin it was anyone but Rosco I'd be sayin he spendin too much time alone wit nothin but the moon for company but Rosco got a good head on his shoulders. I reported it to Ser Verodart and he hired a crew callen theyselfs the Five Delvers to poke round the entrance. They claimen they found nothin' no signs folks been going in nor out. That was oh about a month ago... Then Typhon's Fists be showin' up, and it sounds like they be managing to get in. I dunno what be happening anymore."

@ Jimi: Climent nods at your acceptance of his offer "I should actually take my leave. Perhaps if you want to discuss my offer with the other members of your band when they return we could do introductions in the morning. Should they be discomforted by the presence of a sorcerer then I will remain behind and await the arrival of the Red Shields. Perhaps we could try an initial expedition to the Alchemists Door as a trial? I am curious about the rumors that mysterious individuals have been sighted around it, and there are some odd co-incidences with timing that I would like to investigate...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases