Major memory leakage in Chrome

Quartz

Hero
I'm seeing major memory leakage in Google Chrome when browsing ENWorld. I opened this tab specifically to post this and the tab is already using 235 MB.

I'm not seeing this on other message boards I use.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Is this why getting around on ENworld today has been so crazy slow?!

Everything I click on is taking...well, WAY more time than usual to get the page shown.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Memory leakage? I don't really know what that means, sadly, and I wouldn't know what to do about it. Does this happen on other vBulletin sites?

Is this why getting around on ENworld today has been so crazy slow?!

Everything I click on is taking...well, WAY more time than usual to get the page shown.

Nah, that's because we have three times the traffic we had at the beginning of the year. Things have been getting crazy busy round here!

Quartz

Hero
Memory leakage? I don't really know what that means, sadly, and I wouldn't know what to do about it. Does this happen on other vBulletin sites?

Right now this tab is using 1.3 GB RAM in Chrome on my PC. It starts off much lower. I think it's to do with the ads. I also see the same memory leakage on Pprune and hardforum - all vbbs sites with ads.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And despite having installed Flashblock and Adblock, RAM usage is up to 550 MB.

I believe you! I just literally have no idea what it means or what I could possibly do to rectify it! Especially if it's something you're seeing on other vBulletin sites, too.

Quartz

Hero
I've installed the HTTP Switchboard extension and disabled all scripts apart from ENWorld's own, and that's made a huge improvement.

Remove ads