Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

Shayuri

First Post
Annika shrugged off the question of advance pay. "I'd just use an advance on supplies for the journey anyway," she said. "So if you're picking up that tab, then it's all square. I'm sorry to hear about your father. Maybe our success now can bring you some closure there. What do we know of the orc numbers and defenses then? Do we have a plan of attack, or will we have to scout them ourselves and come up with one once we get there?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall glanced at Kowl. The gruff dwarf appeared to bring attitude and not a whole lot of friendliness to the expedition. It did not bother him too much yet and said in joking tone, “I should think that being the son of a smuggler alone would earn you a fair amount of distrust on principle, no? Tis not exactly the most trustworthy of professions to claim lineage to, eh.”

“Of course your sunny disposition could certainly put all of that to rest,”
he winked at the dwarf and gave him an incorrigible grin.

The ranger was struck by a thought and suggested “You know, some of us have a few obvious abilities like gnawing on wood. But mayhap we should each share our expertise so we will know more about our capabilities to plan this campaign better. None want to see it fail, yeah?”

Donall took a swallow of some ale as he looked to the other hirelings to see if they agreed with his logic or not.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Hannerdyn

Explorer
"Besides being roundly considered a ray of sunshine, I speak orcish, for one. I've spent enough time with the bloody creatures to know what to expect. Down in the hole I've been in we deal with rough trade. Mostly, the damnable lords that sent me here expect that I'm expendable, and I aim to disappoint."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Me Chkikn, I'm from Azgund. Me learned lots of things, lots! Speak orcs' tongue too, and goblins'. Dwarf and halfling tongue as well. Common too but not so well. I be alchemist, I brew stuff, you drink. But not drink dangerous stuff, that's for throwing at ugly people." he points at the broken vial that took the life of the witch. "Not good for drinking. Me also know magics of the humans and elves, and also tinker with traps and stuff. Me think its ironic that Common is hard to learn." having spoken his resume, the ratkin resumes stuffing his cheeks with food.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

Donall nodded, “Yeah, I can speak that orc tongue too. Not exactly a capability to base tactics or strategy around though, eh.”

“Chicken has right of it, telling us what he can do and what he brings to the table. I don’t know what hole you speak of, Kowl, or what you mean by rough trade either. So mayhap you should explain a bit more.”

“For myself, I can track and scout reasonably well. I know a few things about tactics as well. I am handy with various martial weapons. As of yet I cannot afford a good bow that use my strength to draw it, but I have fast hands to fling chakrams. But I prefer a heavy, two-handed blade for in close work.”

He turned to the others, Annika and Peregrin, “What say you two?”

[sblock=OOC Disclaimer]Sorry, I am not sure how one would pronounce “Chkikn”, but it certainly looks like it would sound like “Chicken”. :p[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet

Shayuri

First Post
Annika shrugs and says, "Well I trained as a bard. Believe it or not, I'm usually pretty good with people." She chuckles at herself. "I can cast a spell or two...I'm quite good at healing magic especially. No great shakes with weapons and armor though. Any trouble I can't talk my way out of, I do my best to avoid."

Hannerdyn

Explorer
"I'll handle myself in a scuffle, if that's what worries you," said Kowl with obvious resistance. "I've spent a bit 'o time in prison with all types. I've learned a thing or two inside, as they say."

"And I's innocent. Malicious persecution and all that, so don't y' bother asking," Kowl grumbled, hoping to end the discussion.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall smiled at Annika, “Aye, healing is a good thing to have. I could probably use a wand if we have one, though. Are you able to shoot a bow at least? I have a suspicion orc raiders are not going to listen to words much.”

He glanced at the gruff dwarf and his eyes narrowed, “Mate, I am not sure which I find more distrustful. The facts you do reveal or the ones you keep trying to avoid telling.”

“But for the purposes of planning strategy and tactics, I guess sticking you up front to deal with the orcs up close and personal would be the best bet then,”
he concluded with a shrug as he let the matter drop.

Donall turned back to Astor and waited for him to answer their questions.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
@JustinCase, are you still with us?

Astor eats and drinks with the manners of a noble, though he doesn't seem at all bothered by the varying manners (or lack there-of) of the others at the table.

He addresses the probable location of the orcs first, "The scouts trailed the last raiding party as far as Valen's Pass, a little known trail leading into a valley that used to be home to a hive of bee-people. The bee-people are gone now, which leads me to believe that orcs have moved into the abandoned hives."

Regarding numbers and defenses, Astor continues, "We don't know much about how many orcs there might be, unfortunately. It seems, from the frequency of the raids, that its likely only one relatively small group. That said, they are a bit more organized and efficient than is normal for orcs which makes me suspect that something or someone else is leading them. If they are occupying the old hives, we'll be dealing with a bit of a maze of literal honeycombed passages."

Taking a sip of wine, Astor summarizes his own skills, "As for myself, my father trained me well in both close combat with a variety of weapons and tactics and strategy of larger battles. Those skills are, as yet, untested, however."

OOC: Astor is a 1st level human fighter with the Tactician archetype.

Remove ads