Doctor Who s8e4: "Listen"; best ep of the year so far!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I suspect it's just that they're going over the top with the reaction deliberately in order to highlight that This Is Important, rather than anything else. It's "Doctor Who" - I'm not sure they do 'subtle'. :)

I think it's a commentary on modern military. With the attitude against military action in the modern era, I could imagine a soldier being sensitive when people thinks all they do is kill people.

I thought it was incredibly insensitive of Clara the first time she joked about killing people. I would never do that to someone in the military. Then, once she already knew he was sensitive about it, she DID IT AGAIN. I wouldn't do that to anyone unless I was intentionally trying to antagonize them.

Nellisir

Hero
Excited? assumption,
All caps and excessive use of exclamation points. Clearly exclamatory statement. Exact referent of "I knew it" unclear. Given quote, statement refers to either fact that I respect psychological professionals, or that I have utilized their services in my lifetime. Neither fact seems notable.

nope, try reviewing within the perspective of what i've said,
You haven't posted anything except "LOL" on the topic of the Doctor seeing a shrink.

Elven

First Post
All caps and excessive use of exclamation points. Clearly exclamatory statement. Exact referent of "I knew it" unclear. Given quote, statement refers to either fact that I respect psychological professionals, or that I have utilized their services in my lifetime. Neither fact seems notable.

So much assumption (where are your facts?)
That says more about the way you think, than anything about me,

Clue: look at what I wrote within the context of "humor"
Clue:!!!111!!

You haven't posted anything except "LOL" on the topic of the Doctor seeing a shrink.

Again, assumption (why do you assume that has got anything to do with that post?, in fact it has more to do with the post where I mentioned you tend to be negative in your posts,)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Really liked the first half, really put off by the end. I'm getting tired of Clara turning up at all kinds of significant points in the doctors life and manipulating him. It robs him of all agency, and I can't see why they would do that for the main protagonist.

I'm really liking the Capaldi doctor, but I hope they lose this tendency quickly, or I might give up in despair.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Really liked the first half, really put off by the end. I'm getting tired of Clara turning up at all kinds of significant points in the doctors life and manipulating him. It robs him of all agency, and I can't see why they would do that for the main protagonist.

I'm really liking the Capaldi doctor, but I hope they lose this tendency quickly, or I might give up in despair.

OMG reading that just gave me the horrible notion that Clara is The Woman and thus might be the Doctors Mother!!!

As the impossible girl she is already established as being spread across the Doctors timeline, now including his childhood, so why not his birth (the loom thing is stoopid and not TV canon and 8 was half-human). Claras now embedded in the Tardis psychic matrix too, so maybe that helps her evolve into Missy or a Timelady

I liked Clara under the bed but the bedside speech afterwards was a bit wet. The Orson seemed a bit shoehorned too

Remove ads