D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver

Phoenix8008

First Post
Garuk travels with the others up the trail, trying to stay in the middle of the group approximately. Since he can't walk and read at the same time in this terrain, he chats with his Grandfather as they travel, muttering under his breath so as not to disturb the others... as much. "Yes, Grandfather. We'll try to find the dwarf and keep him safe if possible. But I can't help it if something's already happened to him, I can't be blamed for that! Look, we seem to be near the entrance to a cave, so leave me be for a bit, okay?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Selari gives Garuk a sideways glance, looking at him like he's crazy. "Are you alright?"

She takes the long way around him, ending at the struggling goblin. She slowly pulls out her pointy dagger, making a show in front of the creature. "Can I kill him now? Plleeassee? I'm so bored and he's outlived his usefulness. I'd like to get on with our adventure in the cave. Perhaps there is something of worth in there." She catches the looks on the faces around her and clears her throat. "I mean, aside from the people who hired us. Of course."

Xeterog

Explorer
Keep 'em gagged and tie him to a tree while we go in the cave. Seems we have the guards at a disadvantage--if they are truly asleep. Too bad our friend here wouldn't give us anything on what is in that cave--but he makes too much noise to ask him now. Treygar readies his shield and weapon, crouching behind cover. We should waste little time now--let us get in there and find Gundren and his friend before these goblins prepare them for dinner.

Brother Dave

First Post
Laucien scowls at the goblin, then looks pointedly at Selari and shrugs, responding quietly. "We gave our word. As long as it cooperates - and that includes NOT giving away our position - we must let it live. But if it makes so much as a sound, or tries to escape, do what you will."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
When the little sparrow returns and gives its report, Aenwyr tweets his thanks, ignoring any odd looks from his companions. He fishes some small seeds from his pack and extends his hand with them for his tiny friend to eat, a token of his gratitude.

Aenwyr frowns while the others discuss what to do with the goblin. "Do what you will with the wretch, but if you decide to kill him do it quickly. Do not toy with him like a cat with a mouse." He clearly takes no pleasure in causing the goblin distress.

The druid then follows suit with Treygar, readying his shield and drawing his scimitar. He nods once to the dwarf and adds, "Indeed, now is the time to pounce, with our prey unaware. If we are to save them let us go quickly."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Anyone intending to engage the goblin sentries, if you intend to try to catch them off-guard, please make a Dexterity (Stealth) check. If any character just barges in...everyone roll initiative! If everyone's being stealthy and succeeds vs. Passive Perception 9, go ahead and make attack and damage rolls.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Wait fer me!" yells the white-bearded dwarf, his stubby legs pumping rhythmically towards the group at the mouth of the cave. "Don't ye dare be goin' in there an' havin' all the fun without me!"

Finally Prophet reaches the group, but doesn't stop. Instead he draws his warhammer and pushes his way through the crowd, marching straight into the cave without ever looking back. "Well, what're ya waitin' fer? Let's go find me cousin!"

OOC: Realizing this goes completely against Prophet's background trait, it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. Initiative 1d20-1=1 seems appropriate, given the circumstances.

Brother Dave

First Post
OOC: I think stealth went out the window when Prophet charged up yelling, so I'm going in. :) My rolls:

Stealth (disadvantage): (2d20.takeLowest(1)+3=7)
Initiative: (1d20+3=6)

(Given my poor initiative and stealth rolls, I have a feeling I either won't have a target available when my turn rolls around or the goblins will have summoned backup, so I'll wait until closer to my turn before I make an attack roll.)

Laucien sighs and rolls his eyes when Prophet runs up yelling, then smiles grimly when he continues on towards the cave entrance. So much for keeping the goblin quiet. Maybe the dwarf is the one who needs a gag. Hefting his shield and drawing his rapier, and makes his way purposefully towards the sleeping goblins. He moves slowly at first in a largely futile attempt at stealth, just in case the stupid goblins managed to sleep through the yelling, but shortly gives it up as a lost cause and picks up his pace. I prefer a stand up fight over this sneaking about, anyway, so I suppose the crazy dwarf did me a favor. Still, it would be better to dispatch these two as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina muttered a few words in elvish as the dwarf charged in, spoiling any chance at surprise. She stepped forward only far enough to get a clear shot with her bow- there was no sense racing into danger...

[sblock= OOC] In elvish "I can hardly tell which is worse, the goblins or the dwarves...". Initiative 1d20+3= 18; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4734769/ . Mina will move forward just enough to be in bow range of the cave entrance, then Ready an action to shoot at a goblin if one becomes visible. Attack roll, if needed 1d20+5= 6 (natural 1!); roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4734779/ [/sblock]

Remove ads