D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise shrugged, "It is the blessing of clarity, Nia. Van Djik stands condemned by his own principles. His soul is dead. His body is just resisting the fact. As for the djab, I am afraid that you both misunderstand me. I am not recommending a parley with the spirit. You do not negotiate with a feral dog. But, if you have the resources, you can toss meat in front of it to lead it to your enemies."

"However, it does not matter to me. Deal with the djab and take the Coral Curse or steal a boat from the harbor. As long as we pursue La Gloriosa, you have my sword."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina turned to face the dark haired man, focusing on his eyes the best she can in her condition.

In the most serious tone, "Not even Muerte himshelf will stop me from pursuing La Gloriosah. This I promise you."

She rested a hand on his shoulder to stop herself from swaying. "Heh."

"Before we had the buena fortuna of meeting you Mr Blaise, we decided earning the Coral Curshe would benefit ush more than making enemies of shomeone important by shtealing their ship. Though it did occur to us."

"I can only go by what my dear friend here shays," she waved towards Nia, "And she shays it will be very difficult dealing with this shpirit. I don't really care what we do with it ash long as it is off my ship. Our ship. I just don't see how cursing another ship with this shpirit is any different than shlapping them in physical chains as that dwarf did to those poor men. It's a lossh of freedom either way."

peterka99

First Post
Etienne, first quoting his handbook says:

"I earn a Illinois dreamcatcher, a magical item made from the hide of a rare albinos buffalo calf. This white skin pulls disease and illness into itself from either its wearer or the nearby environment. I think it is potent enough for the entire crew to board the ship. At least for a while. I have no idea if it may harm the djab or not".

Fenris

Adventurer
From the floor, on his cart Zef utters a muffled "Well if he is dead, then he won't care. Maybe the Dee dee jabbie can be bought off with the treasure. You know like blood money. Van's treasure. Not ours." he says before rolling over and singing:

"De stad is zaterdag 'savonds alleen nog maar van mij
Want kost wat het kost die avond maak ik me helemaal vrij
Ik zak in mijn buurtcafeetje eens lekker door de mand
En ik denk als ik aan de toonbank zit wat een gezegend land

Nou zegt het spreekwoord "alle zegen komt van boven"
Maar dat kan ik door al die regen niet geloven

Want in de hemel is geen bier
Daarom drinken wij het hier
Ik ga vandaag geen eten kopen
Zet de tapkraan maar vast open
In de hemel is geen bier
En nou verder geen geklier
Mondje open lekker dier
In de hemel is geen bier
En daarom drinken wij het hier

Het Rotterdamse water dat smaakt nog altijd slap
Ik lust niet zo graag koffie, ik ben niet zo gek op pap
Maar als ik zo 'ns mopper
Dan fluistert mijn verstand
Neem maar gauw een pilsje
Wat een gezegend land

Nou zegt het spreekwoord "alle zegen komt van boven"
Maar dat kan ik door al die regen niet geloven

In de hemel is geen bier
Mondje open lekker dier
In de hemel is geen bier

In de hemel is geen bier
Mondje open lekker dier
In de hemel is geen bier

In de hemel is geen bier
Mondje open lekker dier
In de hemel is geen bier
En daarom drinken wij het hier"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"What are you on about you drunken ox??" Katerina rolled her eyes at the dwarf in the cart. "At leasht he's a happy drunk. Shometimes he is not a happy drunk, you don't want to shee him like that."

She turned back to Etienne. "Perhapsh this buffalo you have can be of help but I am trushting that to Nia. She's in charge of that part of our adventuresh."

She stopped and scrunched her nose. "How are you carrying a buffalo around anyway??"

She shrugged again.

"Let'sh get to the tavern. I bet you all are thirshy too."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Wait, what. Aren't we in a tavern? Which tavern? I like taverns. I like rum too. Rum is good. Why don't we give rum to the dee dee jab? Get it drunk. Make it an offering. If it was set on the dead Van, then why is it still here? Maybe it is thirsty? Maybe it's a pirate too. Give it gold and rum." mumbles off Zed. Er Zef. In a surprisingly coherent suggestion as he uses his legs to push his little drunk wagon down the path.

Quickleaf

Legend
WLT9QjP.png

Blackreef's tavern is the finest in Nassau. It is also the only tavern in Nassau. Smoky lamps hang outside the ramshackle tavern, drunken pirates staggering about the muddy steps. Outside is a small bulletin board of sorts in the likeness of a crude wooden seahorse with various postings attached to it. Along the wooden porch an old man – who many sailors have dubbed "the old man of the sea" – sits nearly motionless in a decaying rocking chair chewing on a bit of licorice root.

Finding a table to yourselves is easy enough. Word is spreading in Nassau that Blackheart's daughter, Katerina, is assembling a crew to go after La Gloriosa del Mar. Those pirates not lost in drink, gaming, or laughter cast squint-eyed looks your way as the five of you make yourselves comfortable. Ulsta, the blonde dwarven proprietress, makes certain to serve you ale and slumgullion (everything but the kitchen sink meat stew) shortly after you've settled in; it tastes better than vinegar and cat's piss, but is a far cry from the European ales. While Katerina and Old Zef are already three sheets to the wind, the ale is at least strong enough to take the edge off from your day in the sea caves. And a tavern is a fine enough place as any to sober up.

You have time to discuss among yourselves your plans for Yellow Jack and The Coral Curse...and to get a sense of your future shipmates...

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina stopped to slur a quick hello to the old man on the porch on her way into the tavern. Sitting at the table she definitely drank more than she ate while she cast an eye around the tavern, looking for trouble, odd sightings and anything else of importance.

When Ulsta returned to their table, she put an arm around the short woman's shoulders. "What newsh today, friend? You alwaysh have the best gossip."

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION] Ulsta smiles smugly at Katerina's exuberance. Apparently the feisty Spanish-lady was off to an early start today. Wagging her finger at Katerina, but unable to keep the smile from creeping across her lips, Ulsta sighs, "Ach! You smell like juniper. You paid a visit to Van Djik, I take it? That old slimmerik (codger) likes his jenever! Just no knife-throwing contests like last time." Her warning is directed at Katerina, but is carried across your table with a raise of Ulsta's thick expressive brows. Grinning at Old Zef, she directs her wagging finger to the inebriated dwarf. "And that goes doubly for you, Zef. Nearly setting fire to my scullery. No, there's no hearth... because we're... in... the... Carribbean," Ulsta enunciates her words with mocking precision.

"There's the execution in the morning. That always stirs folks up. Nine Spanish navy men, to be hung by the neck until dead, on Blackbeard's orders. Plenty of pirates with ill will toward the Spanish looking to even the score... no offense, señora," she winks before glancing around Blackreef's Tavern. Ulsta knows what Katerina is really asking about, and so she drops her voice an octave lower, knowing how fierce the competition between captains can get. "And Captain Read Wallace of the Winchelsea is hiring on crew for a pretty penny. Why, I even heard he recruited Hugo van Haan, Doctor Varlok, James Barrington, and has been courting Kid...though knowing Kid that rascal could wake up in the hold of any ship well-stocked with rum..."[/SECTION]

Remove ads