TWD : Crossed [Spoilers]

Well..it involved everybody from The Church,to Atlanta to the Eugene fallout. It's one large set up for next week's mid season break. Rick isn't exactly holding it together very tightly anymore, while Daryl's becoming his chain for what little morality he has left.

I mean Rick wanted to go in and slice and dice till they found Beth and Carol, while Tyreese proposed trading people.

I do wonder what Father Gabriel is up to and if he'll make it to the rest of the season. I see maybe Beth not walking (heehee) away from the Hospital.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah, Rick and Carl both seem like they've seen too much and it's changed them both... and not for the better. They BOTH need to reign it in a little bit.

I'm not sure what the Father is up to. I don't know why, but I always wondered if there was a dark side to him, like he kept little Zombie children somewhere or something. Just seems too many people have dark sides in this show so now I see someone benign and I'm like "No, there's got to be something more going on."

Which might be why the last scene did not catch me by surprise at all.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, Rick and Carl both seem like they've seen too much and it's changed them both... and not for the better. They BOTH need to reign it in a little bit.

Rick seems to get hyper protective after every encounter with a hostile group. The Termites have put him on edge. If history serves as a guide, he'll calm down after a bit.

I'm not sure what the Father is up to. I don't know why, but I always wondered if there was a dark side to him

You mean, aside from what they've already revealed - that he's a coward and locked people out of his church to die?

I don't have any inside information on what Father Gabriel is up to. But, honestly, given that past, and given the very clear penchant for violence Rick's group has demonstrated (they just brutally killed a bunch of Termites in a *church*!) - just trying to get away from them makes some sense.

Also, I don't blame Bob the cop. Some crazy hobo with a gun kidnaps you, and even if he says he's just trying to do a hostage exchange, I'd look for a chance to get the hell out too.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
You mean, aside from what they've already revealed - that he's a coward and locked people out of his church to die?

Yeah, I actually mean beyond that. Like I was thinking that the cowardice was just an act and that the true reason he wasn't letting people into his church was much more nefarious. I was expecting something totally brutal beneath the floorboards, something he wouldn't want anyone to see... but considering he just ran away, I suppose maybe I MIGHT have been overthinking the situation!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Also, I don't blame Bob the cop. Some crazy hobo with a gun kidnaps you, and even if he says he's just trying to do a hostage exchange, I'd look for a chance to get the hell out too.

Yah. I can't recall how many shows have noted - "The first duty of the prisoner is to escape." He didn't try to push her out the window, or anything, even.

Richards

Legend
I found it kind of odd that if Rick's plan was "sneak quietly into the hospital and start slitting throats," he opted to leave Michone and her samurai sword behind and brought "Tyreese the pacifist babysitter" with him instead.

Johnathan

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I do wonder what Father Gabriel is up to and if he'll make it to the rest of the season.

I predict the zombies at the school will break through the glass and threaten Gabriel, but there will be a last-minute rescue by Morgan. Remember Morgan is following the Termites' trailsigns, which should lead him to the Bob barbecue site at the school.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I found it kind of odd that if Rick's plan was "sneak quietly into the hospital and start slitting throats," he opted to leave Michone and her samurai sword behind and brought "Tyreese the pacifist babysitter" with him instead.

I thought this was odd, too, but then I realized he was leaving Michonne to watch over Carl and Judith. As much as she could contribute to the hospital mission, I think Rick would much rather have her protecting his children.

Remove ads