The Walking Dead 4.10 "Inmates" (spoiler alert!)

NewJeffCT

First Post
A number of people seemed to have missed the significance of the rabbits, probably because of the nonlinear storytelling.

Okay, good. Someone else saw that, so I'm not crazy. Yes, the implication is that it'll be a while before Daryl gets back to the group.

You mean the rabbits being similar to the rats killed at the prison? Or, that Lizzie is a tween psycho because of the rabbits?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I'm solidly on the Lizzy is a psycho killer bandwagon now. Rats then bunnies.

Still, I'm not sure she did the Angel of Death killings. As I recall, those bodies had been dragged into the courtyard. She may have been able to kill them, but drag them out? Carol probably still did have at least that much to do with the homicides.

Trivia: "Teminus" was an early name for Atlanta.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You mean the rabbits being similar to the rats killed at the prison? Or, that Lizzie is a tween psycho because of the rabbits?

The former - to some it wasn't clear they'd been mutilated, so they missed the connection.

Carol probably still did have at least that much to do with the homicides.

Carol will, by her own admission, do anything for the folks at the prison. Drag some bodies out and burn them so nobody figures out who did the murder? Easy-peasy.

The

Carol will, by her own admission, do anything for the folks at the prison. Drag some bodies out and burn them so nobody figures out who did the murder? Easy-peasy.

Maybe this is just what she wants to believe about herself, but she actually lacks the ability to act on it. I am starting to think what happened is, she came to believe or tell herself this was true, and probably taught the children this philosophy, but that lizzie is actually behind the burned bodies and Carol is other covering for her, or assisted her in disposing the bodies once the act had been commited. When you think about it, burning them with gasoline isnt the smartest way to hide what you've done. Carol is an adult and seems reasonably intelligent, so wouldnt it have been easier to just feed the corpses to some fence zombies or something rather than light them on fire?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Too far to go, too easily seen, too dangerous.

Also, it would probsbly feel too much like feeding live people to the zombies...

Too far to go, too easily seen, too dangerous.

Also, it would probsbly feel too much like feeding live people to the zombies...

Perhaps (my grasp of the prison layout could be faulty) but i think there would have been much more effective ways to dispose of the bodies.

I think if you can light bodies on fire after killing them, feeding them to zombies is not a huge step.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Prisons are built like fortresses. As such, there is usually a big clearing for it to sit in, and if there are multiple barrier structures, the spaces between them will be designed to let the guys with ranged weapons see and attack targets. So the process of getting even a single body/ill person to the outer area would be physically demanding and detection would have been very highly probable. Then you actually have to get the body TO the zombies, either by opening some gate or tossing them over, piece by piece.

In addition, not every area within a prison will have access to all kinds of functions and room designs. While it may be more sensible to incinerate the bodies in a concealed inner space, that courtyard may have been the only viable option. There was likely no individual furnace for that cell block, and inside, everyone could have detected the killing and burning.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Perhaps (my grasp of the prison layout could be faulty) but i think there would have been much more effective ways to dispose of the bodies.

Effectiveness is not the only issue at hand.

I think if you can light bodies on fire after killing them, feeding them to zombies is not a huge step.

No, it is a bunch of huge steps - as in, all the Walkers are a hundred yards or more away, beyond the fences! The physical distance is an issue, if you're trying to be sneaky about it.

Plus, she's not really trying to "dispose of bodies" in the classic sense. It will be no secret at all that they died - it isn't like in the normal world, where it takes days to discover a person is dead. Folks will figure it out the next morning, regardless. Burning only serves to disguise the method of their death.

Effectiveness is not the only issue at hand.

No, it is a bunch of huge steps - as in, all the Walkers are a hundred yards or more away, beyond the fences! The physical distance is an issue, if you're trying to be sneaky about it.
L
Plus, she's not really trying to "dispose of bodies" in the classic sense. It will be no secret at all that they died - it isn't like in the normal world, where it takes days to discover a person is dead. Folks will figure it out the next morning, regardless. Burning only serves to disguise the method of their death.

Well, like i said, my understanding of the prison layout may be flawed. My impression was the courtyard walls were close to or against the edge of the prison, but having been giving that too much attention. Still my money remains on lizzie being the killer in this instance.

Remove ads