The Walking Dead 4.2 "Infected" (spoiler alert)

NewJeffCT

First Post
I dunno, man. This is the guy that had a barn full of "sick people". Can we ever be 100% certain of his sanity?

well, Hershel was (is?) a man of god, so he perhaps thought the humane thing to do was to keep the walkers until God pointed them to a cure. However, I think once they had the Barnageddon episode with Sophia, Hershel came to his senses.

PigKnight

First Post
I dunno, man. This is the guy that had a barn full of "sick people". Can we ever be 100% certain of his sanity?
Well it was basically:
Rick: "You're crazy."
Hershel: "Nuh uh"
Rick: *Makes valid points*
Hershel: "I see your valid points and admit I was wrong."

So it's not like Hershel is like that crazy girl who believes that walkers are people no matter what, he saw that he was wrong and admitted it.

Jet Shield

First Post
Yeah...not buying it. Crazy people are often good at pretending to be sane. I think it's the gimpy old man that's been feeding the walkers.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Considering he's one-manned a horde and lost a leg and seems to still be cool as a cucumber, I'd say he'll never snap.

No human is guaranteed to *never* snap. Anyone can give way under pressure, eventually. I just think it'll need something that hits him pretty close to home.

Remember, as a viewer, you have more information than Hershel did. His decisions were based on what he knew at the time, and the fact that those were not to him a nameless horde of undead. They were his family, and he saw them take sick. He had the resources and ingenuity to keep them until a cure could be found - and that was early on in the plague. He hadn't been given a whole lot of reason to change his mind.

But, when given new information, and when the situation changed, he may have resisted some, but in the end acted rationally. I don't see a whole lot of sign of insanity in that.

PigKnight

First Post
The plague thingy changes the human brain to create the zombie. It will kill, but not convert, animals. We might get cerberuses eventually.

Remove ads