D&D 5E The Clean Sheet

asorel

First Post
A possible change for the inventory is adding a quantity multiplier. For instance, if I were carrying 15 10-foot poles, then marked the weight as 7 and the quantity as 15, the sheet would automatically list the item as weighing 105 pounds.

Gretkatillor

First Post
A possible change for the inventory is adding a quantity multiplier. For instance, if I were carrying 15 10-foot poles, then marked the weight as 7 and the quantity as 15, the sheet would automatically list the item as weighing 105 pounds.

Good idea, I'm adding this.

Last edited:

Gretkatillor

First Post
Definitely revamp the spells entry fields.
-A page number entry is always nice, but can be written in manually I suppose
-Spell name can be shortened, what with the handy auto format shrinking the text
-Target/Range either separated or made longer
-Concentration/Ritual? entry
-I love the prep check mark/radio button, handy
-The BIG takeaway here is the effect/duration field, needs to be separated and effect needs to be made much larger

I would use one line per spell personally, and give at a little less than half the entry all to effect. Short form can only go so far, and if you have to look up the spell every time you want to use it to hammer out the details, it defeats the purpose of using the sheet.

I've made it so you can select one or two columns of spells. The one-column option has the fields you suggested and a large 'description' space.

Gretkatillor

First Post
Honestly, if interactive elements are causing problems, I would not weep if they were scrapped - I prefer writing in pencil on my characters sheets anyway. It's like you have a fantastic game and wait 6 months to publish cause you're tweaking the specs for the Occulus Rift. All of 10 people REALLY care about the Rift meanwhile everyone else just want the base game.
Up to you man, you're doing great work, can't wait to see it.

Here's a preview (!) usable only as a printed sheet. Best to open it in Acrobat Reader. Buttons and text fields don't work, and some stuff is intentionally left out. You can fiddle with the layers to look at the different layouts (there will be buttons for this in the final version).

Please let me know if you spot any errors.

Attachments

• Clean Sheet Preview.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 181

Dexta

First Post
I see there is a dropdown menu for weapons. Is it gonna autofill the other columnes? (Damage/effects/type)

and do you still plan to have tri-state buttons for the skills (grey for proficiency, black for expertise)?

jopacr

First Post
I've made it so you can select one or two columns of spells. The one-column option has the fields you suggested and a large 'description' space.

That looks great! I really like how the fields correspond with the PHB entries from left to right, makes sense. Only thing I saw was the new 'comps' field default font size was a bit larger than the others. Great work!

Remove ads