CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

gribble

Explorer
OOC:
[roll="Knowledge (streetwise)"]1d20+3[/roll]
[roll1]
[roll2]
In the absence of anything more suspicious than Buzz Cut, T-dawg moves to shadow him as surreptitiously as he can - which likely isn't very - although he does try to stay as far back as he can while still keeping Buzz Cut in sight. In anticipation:
[roll3]

Feral spies the black plastic grip of a handgun lying under the passenger seat of the Caddy. The tractor trailer parked at the loading bay looks like it contains a shipment of Leap Frog products. Feral sees a few names on boxes: LeapPad Ultra XDi, LeapReader Learn to Write Letters with Mr. Pencil, and LeapReader Book Set.

Inside the loading bay, Feral sees someone has left a door to the back of the store propped open.

Spotting the beat-up box, Cyril grinned like a shark, surprised at how easy this whole thing was going. He wordlessly hummed along with the KidzBop! Muzak that was playing quietly over the store's PA system, mentally replacing the lyrics with much more inappropriate ones.

[sblock=Perception 12]Buzz Cut's packing heat. T-dawg spots the outline of a concealed firearm tucked inside Buzz Cut's vest.[/sblock]
[sblock=Knowledge (streetwise) 10]Buzz Cut has prison tattoos. On his neck.[/sblock]

Buzz Cut frowned at Cyril, who was still a step or two in front of Buzz Cut, and sped up. Just as Cyril's hand wrapped around the beat up BunBun box, Buzz Cut sidled up beside Cyril. "Hey man, that's the last one. Would it be okay if I had that one? It's my nephew's birthday, and he's been real sick this year. Plus, he's, like, gonzo for of them FunBun whatch-ya-ma-call-its." Buzz Cut seems laid back and friendly, and he smiles easy at Cyril.

Just as Buzz Cut approaches Cyril, J.R. walks up to T-dawg, and the pair of them eye the action taking place 50 feet away at the far end of Aisle 5 between Cyril and Buzz Cut.

Sense Motive checks for Cyril, T-dawg, and J.R., please. It'll be a tougher DC for T-dawg and J.R. since they're 50 feet away, but maybe they can pick up on non-verbal cues.

Outside, in the van, Marks whips his head around and stares hard at the Marion County sheriff's car and the navy blue Ford Econoline. Frowning, Marks yanks open the glove compartment and says, "Get the binoculars and take a gander. Maybe they're trying to serve a warrant on someone. Be about the right time of day for that."

[sblock=Binoculars]The binoculars are standard binoculars, size small, and weigh 2 lbs. The cop car and blue van are 100' away. Standard binoculars reduce the range penalty for Perception checks to –1 for every 50 feet (instead of –1 for every 10 feet). Using binoculars for Spot checks takes five times as long as making the check unaided.[/sblock]

Otter, make a Perception check and use the binoculars to do it.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral looks to see if the car door is locked and if its likely to be alarmed. If it isn't alarmed, he'll open it up (or smash the window) and grab the gun, then sneak through the open back door. If it is alarmed, he'll leave it be for now.

Perception to see if the car is alarmed - [roll0] Stealth to sneak in the back door - [roll[1d20+3[/roll]

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril briefly started when the strange man's voice came from behind him. Composing himself as he turned around, he slapped a broad smile across his face and he addressed Buzz Cut. "Hey there, guy! I'd love to help you out, but my son made straight A's in school and I promised him I'd get him whatever he wanted. You know how it is, you gotta reward good behavior. The only time I made straight A's was when I penciled it in on my report card. Ha!"

Adopting a hang-dog look, the former lawyer continued, "But I feel bad for your nephew, man. Let's go up to the front of the store... maybe if we both ask nicely, they'll go check in the back and see if they have any more in stock. Sound fair?"

Cyril let his eyes slip past Buzz Cut, trying to see if T-Dawg was near.

OOC: [roll0]
[roll1] (+2 if Diplomacy instead)

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. moves up a little ways as to not appear to be associated with any of the group. Finding a suitable halfway point he crouches down and appears to be checking out some sort of action figure set advertising a G.I. Joe movie. To anyone watching him it would look like he's inspecting the toy, but really his attention is on Cyril and Buzz, waiting for s**t to hit the fan.

(Sense Motives check untrained skill http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4766656/)

gribble

Explorer
OOC: As per previous post, T-dawg wanted to follow Buzz Cut as surreptitiously as possible - assuming that hasn't happened he'll instead try to approach Buzz Cut and Cyril without attracting attention now.
[roll0]

T-dawg meets Cyrils gaze, already moving in his direction, while looking around the store in a not-entirely convincing show of scanning the shelves as if looking for something.

He moves past JR, crouching at a shelf full of toy soldiers - go figure - acting as if he doesn't recognise him from Adam.

Shayuri

First Post
Death Otter snatches the binoculars and clinks them up against the window to get a better look.

(OOC - So Spot at -2 from range, after the adjustment from the binoculars. She's untrained, but gets +1 from Wisdom, so... -1 total modifier. [roll0] PERCEIVE!)

Remove ads