Help with Character Build

Th3M0ng00s3

First Post
I'm relatively new to D&D, I'm wanting to make a Rakshasa Sorcerer as a back up to my current Ranger. We are starting at Level 10, I know Rak has a +7LA and can cast Sorcerer at Level 7 to start.

Now, My DM is doings things differently and we're somewhat ignoring LAs so I'm trying to build this with ignoring that specific part but with all the benefits of the race.

My issue, I've never built a character from ground up without a generator and that's what I'm trying to do but I can't find how it's 7 Outsider HD count towards Skill Points. I assume the Sorcerer casting levels don't count into at all. I also assume the HD add to the class HD it would obtain.

I'm hoping this is well understood and someone can assist me in figuring this out.

Empirate

First Post
Some simple advice: until you know what you're doing better, don't make strange, monster-based PCs. Keep it simple, make a Human. Due to Rakshasa's +7 LA and 7 HD, you'd not be able to play one below level 14, anyway: LA is added to hit dice to arrive at the lowest possible starting level - class levels are added to the total.

At least, that would be the case in a sane game.

Now your DM doesn't use LA (baaad idea...). If you truly want to take horrible, horrible advantage of this, you might want to play a Rakshasa Sorcerer 3 (7 HD plus 3 class levels makes you level 10 if LA isn't taken into account), but I'd really advise you not to do that. It WILL wreck the fun of some people at your table if you just casually point out how you can cast just as well as a 10th level Human Sorcerer, but get the following over the Human:

+14 HP on average
+3 BAB
+10 ft. speed
+9 natural armor
+2 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +6 Cha
+2/+2/+1 to base saving throws
+47 skill points
Change Shape at will
Continuous Detect Thoughts
Damage Reduction 15/good and piercing
Darkvision 60 ft.,
Spell Resistance 27
A claw/claw/bite attack routine
...oh, and -1 feat (boohoo!)

You see, LA is in the rules for a reason. I don't have to explain how the Rakshasa is superior in every way if you don't include LA, right? Please don't wreck your game by playing one.

Unless everybody else is already playing Illithid Rogues or Firre Eladrin Bards with no LA, of course...

Remove ads