Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

G

Guest 11456

Zeta leans over the robot's husk to examine it more closely.

"It suddenly started going crazy?" she asks dubiously. "It looks like it suffered damage before we showed up. Did it say anything when it went crazy?"

The young girl shakes her head and then cocks her head to one side. "No. Should it have?"

For a split second Olrich's heart catches in his throat as Hailey blows the 'robot' apart, but he quickly calms himself. No sense in getting too worked up over it: what was done was done. Perhaps he could still learn something from the remains.

The arcanist moves to peer over Zeta's shoulder as she examines the creature. Once she has satisfied herself he will make a closer examination. Almost as an afterthought Olrich weaves a simple cantrip that will allow him to detect magical auras, to see what it reveals about the robot.

"You are Val Baine, the proprietor of this establishment? That is something of an accomplishment for one your age. I was expecting someone... older."

She shakes her heaad. "My father, Khonnir, is the proprietor. I am just trying to keep things in order in his absence."

Hailey holstered her pistol again with the robot slumped over with a smoking hole in it.

"Well met, Val. We were actually on our way to see you. I take it this thing," she gestured to the defunct robot, "was the one your dad brought back from the caverns. We wanted to ask you more about the expeditions your father was taking. We intend to go looking for him."

She gets visibly excited at the mention of going to look for her father. She nods her head. "Yes. It is the one that he found. But today was the first sign of any movement. He thought it has completely inactive. Obviously he was wrong. If you are going to look for my father then you can use the tavern as a place to rest, recover, and as a base of operations. I've already stored bedrolls in there. Sorry for the lack of nicer accommodations but I’ll provide you with all the food you need while you’re in town."

Vandor quickly makes his way to the others. He glanced briefly at the remains of the robot. He had no particular interest in the mechanical creation. He knew that Twist was interested in learning more about it. Perhaps he would disassemble the thing.

"I am Vandor. Are you unharmed?" he asked the woman in the doorway.

"I am fine. I was able to get under a table when it started going crazy."

"Val Baine? I am Aja, of the Erastil Order. Did this construct hurt you? Are you ok? Oh, sorry, Vandor." The cleric moves to greet the lady, only to realize belatedly Vandor has already done so. She takes a step back, and keeps an eye about while allowing the man to carry on.

She smiles. "I am fine, thank you."

Upon seeing Twist she hugs the ratfolk. "Twist! It is good to see you. Are you going to go with these people to find father?"

Shayuri

First Post
Zeta shrugs at Val's question. "If it had, it might have given us some idea what happened to it. But if it's old or in poor repair, it might not have been anything in particular that tipped it over."

She reached up to adjust her mask.

"Can you tell us anything about your father's last expedition? Was there anything unusual about it? Was he behaving differently before he left?"

[section]Twist dropped the bit of metal from the robot he'd been examining and shot up to return Val's hug. He grinned at Val and nodded. "That's the plan. We're council-sanctioned and everything. Thanks for the offer of a place to stay and food; can't imagine why we wouldn't take you up on that." Twist turned to Aja and Olrich. "Val makes a mean meat pie." The ratling returned his gaze to the ruined robot. "What do you think made this thing come to life? Anything happen just before it went haywire?" [/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey nodded as Zeta delved deeper into the reason they sought of Val Baine, those were the questions she wanted to know and added simple, “Yeah, details about the expeditions.”

She had no objection to using the Foundry as a base of operations and shrugged with Twitch’s acceptance and the recommendations of food.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

"Can you tell us anything about your father's last expedition? Was there anything unusual about it? Was he behaving differently before he left?"

"I don't really know much about his last expedition except that he planned to go deeper into the caves. As far as I could tell he was very excited about returning to the caves. He always enjoys getting away from his job as a councilor when possible."

"What do you think made this thing come to life? Anything happen just before it went haywire?"

She shakes her head. "No idea. I had just come into the room. It just sprang to life and you know the rest..."

[section]Twist left the questions to the others. Turning to the house, Twist considered. "Would it be okay if we went inside your house and looked around? Maybe we can find some hint about what happened." Twist paused. "Or about your Dad." The ratling fended off a fresh bout of worry about Khonnier by scratching behind one ear and wrinkling his nose.[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey looked queerly at Baine’s adopted daughter, her eyes hooded with the brim of her hat. Her lips were tight as the woman dodged the question.

“So you are saying he was exited, but told you nothing eh?”

“Sorry, I don’t believe that crap. He did not just dump a robot in your house without any kind of explanation at all. You expect us to believe you did not ask him anything and he did not happily tell you what he found?”

“You want to help us find him, you gotta start spilling.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor was astonished that Hailey was being so rude. If Val didn't want to tell them any secrets her father might have divulged, then that was her right. Of course any information they could gather prior to entering the caves would be useful.

"Miss Baine, I apologize for my companion's brusk nature. If you have any additional information, however unimportant it might seem, please tell us. It might be useful in finding and rescuing your father."

G

Guest 11456

R
"Would it be okay if we went inside your house and looked around? Maybe we can find some hint about what happened." Twist paused. "Or about your Dad."

Val waved toward the open door. "Please do."

“So you are saying he was exited, but told you nothing eh?”

“Sorry, I don’t believe that crap. He did not just dump a robot in your house without any kind of explanation at all. You expect us to believe you did not ask him anything and he did not happily tell you what he found?”

“You want to help us find him, you gotta start spilling.”

The young woman looks at Twist with a confused look. "Uh! Not sure what you are trying to get at. I've told you what I know. He and I both thought the robot was not active. It wasn't until a bit ago. He didn't go into details about his first expedition. He seemed very interested in this robot and hoped to examine it closer when he had a chance."

"Miss Baine, I apologize for my companion's brusk nature. If you have any additional information, however unimportant it might seem, please tell us. It might be useful in finding and rescuing your father."

"I have told you what I know. As far as I know he did not plan to stay down there for more than a few hours."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey still had a tight lipped expression as she was not sure she believed Val Baine. But she let it go, figuring that perhaps the woman was not that bright and all. With Twitch looking to search for clues, stepped into the house.

“I'll help you look, Twitch.”

She was not sure what they might find, but it was probably a good idea to be thorough.

[sblock=Actions]Take 20 on Perception +7 [/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Remove ads