Recruiting Players for a Dungeon World Campaign.

Rune

Once A Fool
I'm starting up a Dungeon World play-by-post game. The setting will be character-defined to a large extent and the plot likewise largely character-driven. As is appropriate for DW.

Anyone interested in playing should post a character of any core class or the Barbarian in this thread.

Please do not include a bond; we will handle that in the next step.

Once we have at least three players, each will choose one bond. If none of those feels right, I have extra bonds to choose from. Future characters may choose a bond at introduction.

After that, I'll privately ask a few questions about each character (to allow for secret answers).

Then we'll get started.

Game-play will take its cues from the narrative, just like normal for DW. In this case, just post your character's questions or actions and stop when you do something that would trigger a move. In keeping with the spirit of DW, players will roll all dice, as appropriate. This will allow short sequences of actions to be included in a single post when a GM move is not triggered.

One last thing: in order to keep things moving, please only sign up if you can commit to at least 7 posts a week. The cinematic and narrative nature of the rules can help things stay on track, but still...

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Once we have at least three players, each will choose one bond. If none of those feels right, I have extra bonds to choose from. Future characters may choose a bond at introduction.

I choose a James Bond! Sorry, that didn't even make any sense. Ok, I'll look over the classes, I can do at least 7 posts a week.

Nebulous

Legend
Mouse
Human Thief 1
STR 9 0
DEX 15 1
CON 11 0
INT 13 1
WIS 8 -1
CHA 17 2

HP 17
Damage d8

Armor Leather/1ac
Weapon1 Ragged bow
Weapon2 Dagger
Weapon3
Inventory Rations/5
Inventory Healing potion
Inventory Poison/3 (Oil of Tagit - falls into light sleep)
Inventory 10 coins

Bonds I stole something from _______________.
Bonds _______________ has my back when things go wrong.
Bonds _______________ knows incriminating details about me.
Bonds _______________ and I have a con running.

Move Spout Lore (INT) Criminal activities +1
Move Poisoner Class
Move Backstab (DEX) Class
Move Tricks of the Trade (DEX) Class
Move Flexible Morals Class
Move Trap Expert (DEX) Class
Move Hack and Slash (STR) Basic
Move Volley (DEX) Basic
Move Defend (CON) Basic
Move Spout Lore (INT) Basic
Move Discern Realities (WIS) Basic
Move Parley (CHA) Basic
Move Defy Danger Basic
Move Aid or Interfere (Bonds) Basic

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
You know, looking over this again after such a long time, i wish D&D WAS more like this game, some kind of synergistic combination of the two, but it would have to be completely redone from the ground up.

Remove ads