Shadowrun: For Us It Was a Tuesday [OOC]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I kinda liked Cape Town's description, but let's face it... all of it is quite evocative.

How about the one-shot title. I was thinking: "Shadowrun: Snatch and Grab", but that's so generic. What about something like "Shadowrun: For Us, It Was a Tuesday..." or "Shadowrun: Quicksilver".

Floch - Troll brute

[Sblock=Floch Troll brute]
Name: Floch
Metatype: Troll

Body: 9
Agility: 5
Reaction: 3
Strength: 8
Will: 2
Logic: 2
Intuition: 4
Charisma: 3

Essence: 1.75
Initiative: 7+1d6
Armor: 10. (Torso 13) (Skull 12)
Limits: Physical 10, Mental 4, Social 4

Racial traits:
Thermographic Vision
+1 Reach
+1 Dermal Armor
100% Lifestyle increase

Active skills: (Final dice pool)
Blades 9
Clubs 8
Pistols 7
Unarmed: 9
Exotic Melee (Chainsaw) 8
Running 11
Intimidation 6

Gear:
Commlink
Armor vest (9) w/ fire res (2) Nonconductivity (2)
Flashlight
Headphones with Audio enhancement 1
Gold Credsticks (wealth: 5185¥ out of 100k)

Weapons:
Combat axe: Reach 3 Damage 13 (Fake license 4)
Monofilament Chainsaw: Reach 2 Damage 8
Beretta 201T: Accuracy 6 Damage 6. Clips: 2 (21)

Cyberware:
Obvious Full right arm (Enhancement Agility+2, Enhancement Strength+2)
Obvious Full left arm (Enhancement Agility+2, Enhancement Strength+2)
Synthetic Torso (Enhancement Armor +3)
Obvious Skull (Enhancement Armor +2)

.......... [/sblock]

Attachments

• SR_Bounty_Hunter.JPG
    SR_Bounty_Hunter.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

I lived in Seoul for four years. It would make an interesting place to adventure because it's got this super cool super funky mix of ultra-modern high rise buildings juxtaposed against cardboard and tin-roof shanty towns. It also has an amazing cornucopia of neighborhoods, each with its own feel. Plus, there's a robust subway system. And the Han River could make for watery escapades.

I imagine other cities in the Middle East, like Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, or Tehran probably have similar uber-modern-meets-third-world-nation feels to them, and would make for a good adventuring backdrop. Stockholm would be fun, purely because I've never been there, always wanted to go, and playing a Shadowrun game set in Stockholm would be a great excuse to Google the city, check out maps, and explore virtually.

Ditto for any of the locations, I suppose. I lived in New Orleans for a few years, too, and the black Mambo Voo Doo qualities of that city would overlay really well on a Shadowrun game. Basically, I'm happy to game in any city setting you choose. I hope it'd be an actual real city and not a made-up one, but that's just me. Mostly, I'm just grateful that you decided to GM for us!

Fenris

Adventurer
Just a suggestion, but maybe the people unfamiliar with the setting can go to public archives of starting characters and just clone a player character from such a sample. That way they only have to worry about character decisions and point rolls.

https://azaael.wordpress.com/tag/character-generation/

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=4495.0

FYI DT, that second link has SR4 characters. Not that they aren't good archetypes, but would need some work.

Unsung

First Post
I lived in Seoul for four years. It would make an interesting place to adventure because it's got this super cool super funky mix of ultra-modern high rise buildings juxtaposed against cardboard and tin-roof shanty towns. It also has an amazing cornucopia of neighborhoods, each with its own feel. Plus, there's a robust subway system. And the Han River could make for watery escapades.

I imagine other cities in the Middle East, like Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, or Tehran probably have similar uber-modern-meets-third-world-nation feels to them, and would make for a good adventuring backdrop. Stockholm would be fun, purely because I've never been there, always wanted to go, and playing a Shadowrun game set in Stockholm would be a great excuse to Google the city, check out maps, and explore virtually.

Ditto for any of the locations, I suppose. I lived in New Orleans for a few years, too, and the black Mambo Voo Doo qualities of that city would overlay really well on a Shadowrun game. Basically, I'm happy to game in any city setting you choose. I hope it'd be an actual real city and not a made-up one, but that's just me. Mostly, I'm just grateful that you decided to GM for us!

This. :)

Deuce Traveler said:
How about . . . "Shadowrun: For Us, It Was a Tuesday..."

This too.

There's something about the claustrophobic, snowy nights of Scandinavia that speaks to me.

Speaking of Seoul and Norway (alright, not quite), did anyone ever play The Secret World? It's an MMORPG and plays like one, which is a strike against it, but the setting and writing and even the acting were all pretty fantastic. It's not quite Shadowrun, but I do feel like there are some parallels, if not direct overlap. Secret societies, dark magic, monsters, in a world that's not quite so different as many sci-fi and urban fantasy settings end up being-- much like Shadowrun, there's a certain thoughtfulness to its approach, to the ramifications of the encroachment of magic on the 'real' world. Also a lot of nods to magical realism along with the horror. Strange mix.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm doing a delusional technomancer myself. :)

I did play Secret World as well. Fascinating concept for a game, and I really like what they did with some of the investigation missions.

Sadly, the MMORPG format sank it in the end for me. They couldn't break away from the now-prerequisite narrative interruptions of 'raids' and 'LFG' and so on.

If it had been a single player or co-op multiplayer game, it would have been phenomenal.

Remove ads