Ninth World Guidebook

marroon69

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for Ninth World Guidebook

I will preface this with I am fan of Numenera and I am Sci-fantasy nut. With that said I really enjoyed this book, it is big expansion to the over all world and adds a ton of new material. One of my favorite things about MCG's stuff is the attention to detail and the understanding of the GM. They weave several wonderful editions to the world, adding myths,legends, rumors and hooks through out the writing that the GM can expand into their own campaign. Which in my eyes is one of the great things about Numenera, it is not all laid out for all to see, the GM gets to craft the world how ever they want it to be using a framework laid out. The framework gives that players enough frame of reference but still allows the GM to create and surprise themNot only did they expand the know world they also actually expanded the unknown world. That was one of the things that took my by surprise, the entire super continent is mapped out with 70% of it being a blank out line. I first I felt a little cheated at first, feeling like "great they are going to sell me 5 other books to fill in the rest of the details". Then I thought about it, this is the way the way they make games, sort of fill in the blank "mad lib" approach. I do think there will be other books, I am pretty sure there was mention of a "Torment" book along with the video game but none of them are required...you as the GM pick and chose what fills those blank spaces.

Remove ads