D&D 5E How often do you play?

Malovaan

First Post
Quite a few threads recently (level gains/xp per session, etc) have gotten me thinking about how often the majority of people actually tend to play, and how long those sessions are for.

I'll start:

We play about once per fortnight, session lasts around 4-5hrs

Would be interesting to see what other peoples' D&D time looks like, and what the 'norm' is :)

delericho

Legend
My gaming group currently numbers 67 members, which means that people can generally find their own level - if you want to play once every year, that's fine; if you want to play several times a week then we can handle that, too. Which is nice. :)

I'm currently running a Firefly Open Table, running one session every four weeks with a session lasting 3 hours. When doing 'normal' campaign play, I prefer to run once every two weeks (for 3 hours), but my last two attempts at campaigns have fizzled... ironically, due to lack of players.

Will Doyle

Explorer
I have a weekly Monday evening game that's around 2.5 hours, and then 3 ongoing campaigns to work into weekends. Often this adds up to playing twice a week, Mondays and Saturdays. Saturday games are either 2-late or 8-late, depending on the game.

Cernor

Explorer
I DM on R20 once a week, and play a campaign whenever the DM can wrangle together our group (maybe 3 times in 2 months). Sessions for both groups tend to be between 4 and 6 hours long.

PnPgamer

Explorer
Our small group of 3 people try to do once a week. Although recently we've had a season of sickness, studyness and general busyness.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
My current game is being played, in part, to create actual play transcripts for new DMs to use as a guide (and for veteran DMs to use for inspiration). That session is online, all in text, and each one is 2 hours weekly.

My typical online voice game or in-person game is 4 hours, but the odd marathon session of up to 12 hours isn't unheard of.

Bupp

Adventurer
I play with my kids, so we get a session or two in most weekends, unless we have something else going on.

I'm running 2 groups, though. My daughter lives with her mother, so wet play every other weekend with her, though we're making up a new group for her to DM.

I just started the second group with my boys because every other weekend wasn't enough.

Last edited:

I run one campaign every Tuesday night. The sessions are kind of short (7:30- 10pm). I run another campaign every two weeks. That campaign features longer sessions (4-5 hrs or so).

Remove ads