Psionic Warrior build advice

daTim

First Post
Hi, I am very new to psionics. I was reading the SRD and just now noticed the addition of psionics to it and thought I'd give it a look see. Upon my inspection, I thought the Soul Knife to be a really cool class, especially in combination with the psionic feats. Here is my build I have so far, with stats etc. With our Campaign we are only at lvl 7, so I could make a lvl 6 character.

Overall the Soul Knife looks pretty powerful, as they get alot of power points, which really helps in the reserve power point area for the psionic feats. Also they get bonus power points, I would choose Dex as my primary ability.

Stats
Str - 14
Dex - 16 (all further stat increases here)
Con - 11 Increase at 4th lvl to 12
Int - 9
Wis - 10
Chr - 9

Feats etc.

Psychic Warrior
1 - Ambidexterity, 2 Weapon Fighting, Inertial Armor
2 - Weapon Focus: Short Swords
3 - Mental Leap
4 -
5 - Weapon Finesse: Short Swords, Mental Leap
6 - Weapon Specialization: Short Swords

7 -
8 -
9 - Mental Leap
10 -
11 -
12 - Improved Critical: Short Sword
13 -
14 -
15 - Improved 2 Weapon Fighting
16 -

I chose Mental Leap mostly because it looks really cool, especially if you had a ring of leaping or something like that. There must be some way to incorporate the Soul Knife sneak attacks into it. Also, I can only assume that the focus on Short Swords would translate to the Soul Knives since it says they are exactly like one.

As far as powers chosen, Combat Precognition, Combat Presence, Animal Affinity (for higher dex), and Skate for sure. Not sure about Hustle, is it worth it?

Anyway, all comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Staffan

Legend
Personally, I'd go for wearing proper armor rather than waste a feat on Inertial Armor. You get pretty much the same effect from putting on a chain shirt, plus the shirt can be further enhanced by magic when you get money.

Gaiden

Explorer
See if your DM will allow you to apply WF, WFin, and WS to the soul knife weapon when it has the stats for long sword. If not, intermix rogue with PW to gain soul knife PrC and then take the feats for the soul knife weapon rather than short sword.

Zhure

First Post
Gaiden said:
See if your DM will allow you to apply WF, WFin, and WS to the soul knife weapon when it has the stats for long sword. If not, intermix rogue with PW to gain soul knife PrC and then take the feats for the soul knife weapon rather than short sword.
Or add 2 levels of Psion in there somewhere so you can take SoulKnife at before you get the free specialization at PsyWar 6. Then take WF: Mindblade and swap back into PsyWar long enough to pick up the free weapon spec.

Greg

Remove ads