Yay! Bruce Campbell!

Tsyr

Explorer
I just got back from seeing Bruce Campbell. He was at my college (A small community college) doing a lecture/interview. He was talking some about his recent movies, some about his past, some about his book, some about Michigan, some about the current state of the major television networks, and just some other general stuff. Very fun lecture. I got to ask him a couple questions during the lecture, shook his hand, talked to him a bit after the lecture, got his autograph in my copy of his book, and got my picture taken with him (Which I pray turns out when I get it developed).

Very fun.

Why, you ask, did he come to some no-name college in the boon-docky northern Michigan?

Simple.

His father teaches English 102 T (Tech Writing) and a few other classes there. He's stopped by the class once or twice, but never really stayed to talk or anything. And I certainly never got to talk to him or get his autograph or anything.

:D

w00t!

Sorry, I know this post has no real use, but I'm really excited.

Last edited:

Tsyr

Explorer
John Crichton said:
Sweet, man. Any word on his latest movie, Bubba Ho-Tep? Or any other movies or TV shows he'll be in any time soon? Evil Dead? ;)

He talked about Bubba Ho-Tep a bit... it's an indy film, basicly, and they have been having trouble getting a Big Name to sign on to it... He told us how we could go about seeing it (Basicly, what indy festivals to watch out for)... that's about it.

He's also going to be in another indy movie called "Man With a Screaming Brain", about a banker who has a bit of a brain from a low-life character implanted into him, and they go about getting revenge for their death (apparently, he gets re-animated after he dies)...

Other than that, not too many future details... he's VAing for another ED/AoD game, and writing a second book, though he wouldn't give any real details about it.

John Crichton

First Post
That's good stuff. I haven't heard any solid BC news in some time, even from the major entertainment industry places. Good hear he has a bunch of things on his plate. Thanks for the info! :cool:

Tsyr

Explorer
I'd take the Man with a Screaming Brain bit under a bit of care... he talked about it, but only with prompting from his wife... So I'm not sure about it.

Best thing was some guys cellphone went off during the lecture...

He's up there going "Hey, you... yeah, you. Gimmie the phone. "

He gets the phone... starts doing some strange voice into it... "Yeah... yeah... this is Rob... yeah... uh-huh...." then changes to some stranger maniac voice and yells out "I've taken him! I've taaaaken hiiim!" followed by a scream and turns the phone off.

Great stuff.

:)

Ranger REG

Explorer
You mean you didn't invite Mr. Campbell to your roleplaying game session with your group?

I heard he plays, I think it was Deadlands or something. You can add his name to Vin Diesel and Elijah Wood in the list of roleplaying celebrities. :cool:

John Crichton

First Post
Tsyr said:
Best thing was some guys cellphone went off during the lecture...

He's up there going "Hey, you... yeah, you. Gimmie the phone. "

He gets the phone... starts doing some strange voice into it... "Yeah... yeah... this is Rob... yeah... uh-huh...." then changes to some stranger maniac voice and yells out "I've taken him! I've taaaaken hiiim!" followed by a scream and turns the phone off.

Great stuff.

:)
That is cool. Similar thing happened to me at the most recent NY Farscape Con. Claudia Black was on stage when a cellphone went off. She insisted that she be allowed to talk to the person on the other end. I won't get into it, but it was very amusing the way she had a very mundane conversation with the other party while the crowd went wild.

I'd kill to see Bruce Campbell live. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ranger REG said:
You mean you didn't invite Mr. Campbell to your roleplaying game session with your group?

I heard he plays, I think it was Deadlands or something.

Roleplaying with Bruce Campbell. That would fun! :D

You can add his name to Vin Diesel and Elijah Wood in the list of roleplaying celebrities. :cool:

Vin Diesel plays roleplaying games!?! Cool. Heh... my sister is going to HATE me when I tell her that. She's thinks he's the bomb. (She collects Vin Diesel momentos, as well as all his movies on VHS. I hate to think what's she's going to do when she gets a DVD Player.)

She's thinks I'm quite the freak because of my roleplaying addiction, which, I admit, I am. ;)

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads