Yay! Bruce Campbell!

Villano

First Post
Ranger REG said:
You mean you didn't invite Mr. Campbell to your roleplaying game session with your group?

I heard he plays, I think it was Deadlands or something. You can add his name to Vin Diesel and Elijah Wood in the list of roleplaying celebrities. :cool:

Lexa "Andromeda" Doig also games. She was pretty open about it in an interview I read. She casually mentioned it as part of her hobbies. Likes to play elves, IIRC, but I can't remember what class.

And I got the impression that Marjean "Beastmaster" Holden might as well. Her website is littered with pix of dragons (and is called "Eleven Dragons") and she's referred to herself as a "geek" or "dork" (oh, don't be offended, you know we all are ;) ).

Plus, in an interview from a year or so ago, she said she was trying to bring some fantasy novels to tv. She didn't mention what they were and in what format she was aiming (series, mini-series, or movies). I haven't heard anything about it since, so it's either still in development or fallen through (since it's only be a year, I doubt it's totally dead).

So, she's a fantasy fan at least.

Last edited:

Skarp Hedin

First Post
This is somewhat off-topic, but I thought it was funny: I went to a George Thorogood concert once, and some really annoying woman called up someone on her cell phone and was holding it up toward the stage when they were doing "You Talk Too Much". I forget how he got ahold of the phone, but she tossed it to him or something, and he proceeded to belt out "You talk too much, I can't staaand the things that you say" into it, and then tossed it back.

Of course, it sailed way over her head, but I imagine that's the risk you take when you toss your cell phone to a potentially drunk singer on a stage.

Tsyr

Explorer
Just to bring some closure to this thread (Not that it wasn't already)...

I finaly got my photo scanned in...

bruce.jpg

fba827

Adventurer
Tsyr said:
I just got back from seeing Bruce Campbell. He was at my college (A small community college) doing a lecture/interview. He was talking some about his recent movies, some about his past, some about his book, some about Michigan, some about the current state of the major television networks, and just some other general stuff. Very fun lecture. I got to ask him a couple questions during the lecture, shook his hand, talked to him a bit after the lecture, got his autograph in my copy of his book, and got my picture taken with him (Which I pray turns out when I get it developed).

Very fun.

Why, you ask, did he come to some no-name college in the boon-docky northern Michigan?

Simple.

His father teaches English 102 T (Tech Writing) and a few other classes there. He's stopped by the class once or twice, but never really stayed to talk or anything. And I certainly never got to talk to him or get his autograph or anything.

:D

w00t!

Sorry, I know this post has no real use, but I'm really excited.

Based on the already present responses in this thread, I know I'm going to get smacked for even asking this... but... umm.. who is Bruce Campbell?

(ducks from what will obviously turn into a backlash from this question)

i may need to just run a search on IMDB in a moment here....

:)

Staffan

Legend
Re: Re: Yay! Bruce Campbell!

fba827 said:
Based on the already present responses in this thread, I know I'm going to get smacked for even asking this... but... umm.. who is Bruce Campbell?
Bruce Campbell is the guy who plays Ash in the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies, Autolycos in Herc and Xena, Jack in Jack of All Trades, Brisco County in Brisco County, Jr. and he also had a recurring role for a while in Lois & Clark.

Not having seen Army of Darkness is grounds for immediate expulsion from polite gaming society.

Tsyr

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Yay! Bruce Campbell!

Staffan said:

Bruce Campbell is the guy who plays Ash in the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies, Autolycos in Herc and Xena, Jack in Jack of All Trades, Brisco County in Brisco County, Jr. and he also had a recurring role for a while in Lois & Clark.

Not having seen Army of Darkness is grounds for immediate expulsion from polite gaming society.

He also plays a quickly-dead guy in Congo, Elvis in Bubbahotep, did the voices for a couple of computer games (not counting the Evil Dead ones), had a cameo in Spider Man, and a few other things.

And he wrote a book, which actualy is a pretty good read...

jdavis

First Post
Bruce Cambell is the pinnacle of B movie actors, and a cult movie icon to boot. In other words don't feel bad that you don't know but do feel bad if you are not rushing to find out.

Remove ads