D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Dominions

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], looks good so far, anxiously awaiting the background.
[MENTION=6795665]Fuselage[/MENTION], simply put, I love it. The story potential for this character is through the roof. :D

Fuselage

First Post
I'm hoping Ser Renald lives up to your expectations, it should be fun for me to play. Just remember that it'll be a long time before you see Renee.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, here's the crunch for my character (format also "borrowed" from industrygothica :) ). The fluff takes a little more time, but I'm thinking that he's the diplomat type of guy for his "house", the semi-political organisation that is slowly reformed from the military batallions of old.

[sblock=Nymiir]
Name: Nymiir X’ssynethu
Sex: Male
Race: Dark Elf (Drow)
Class/Level: Bard 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Speed: 30ft.
Init: +3
Senses: Superior Darkvision, 120 feet
Passive Perception: 12

DEFENSE
AC: 14
HP: 9
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Special: Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic cannot put you to sleep.

OFFENSE
Melee: Rapier +5; 1d8+3 Piercing; Finesse
Ranged: Dagger +5; 1d4+3 Piercing; Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)
Special: Sunlight Sensitivity: Disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
Spells: Spell Attack +5; Spell save DC 13

STATISTICS
Str 9 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 12 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 16 (+3)

RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Skill Proficiencies:
Perception
Weapon Proficiencies: Rapiers, shortswords, hand crossbows
Superior Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Sunlight Sensitivity: Disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
Drow Magic: You know the dancing lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the faerie fire spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic cannot put you to sleep.
Trance: Instead of sleep, you meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day.
Languages: Common, Elvish

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Entertainer
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Performance
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, Musical instrument (flute)
Entertainer Routines: Instrumentalist, Poet
Feature: By Popular Demand
Personality Traits: Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip.
Ideal: When I perform, I try to make the world better – for me.
Bond: My flute is my most treasured possession, and it reminds me of someone I love. Also, I cannot forget the woman I loved and would do anything to get her back.
Flaw: I’m a sucker for a pretty face. Also, I have an irrational fear of spiders.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Armor Proficiencies:
Light armor
Weapons Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools Proficiencies: Musical instruments (lute, lyre, drum)
Skill Proficiencies: Stealth, Persuasion, Deception
Bardic Inspiration: As a bonus action on your turn, choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die (d6). Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes.
Spellcasting
* Cantrips known (2+1): Vicious Mockery, Message, Dancing Lights (drow magic)
* Spells known (4): Cure Wounds, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Thunderwave
* Spell slots, Level 1st: 2
* Ritual casting

SKILLS (Proficient in bold)

+5 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception
+5 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion

+1 (int) Religion
+3 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+5 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival
Special: Sunlight Sensitivity: Disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.

COMBAT GEAR
Rapier
Leather armor
Dagger

OTHER GEAR
Flute
Lute
Favor of admirer (love letter)
Costume
Belt pouch
Diplomat’s pack (chest, 2 cases for maps and scrolls, fine clothes, bottle of ink, ink pen, lamp, 2 flasks of oil, 5 sheets of paper, vial of perfume, sealing wax, soap)

MONEY
15 gp

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
[sblock] Nymiir X'ssynethu.jpg[/sblock]
Obsidian-skinned and red-eyed, there is no mistaking Nymiir for anything but a dark elf. Apart from four long braids, his white hair is clipped short, revealing his pointed black ears and giving him a distinct appearance. Like most of his kin, he has a slender and graceful physique and his flawless face is hauntingly beautiful.
Nymiir usually dresses in black and silver hues, highlighting his complexion and the silvery gleam in his hair. An ornate rapier hangs on his hip, although he is seldom seen wielding it; on his other hip Nymiir carries his most valuable possession, a silver flute. Apart from the dagger hidden in his boot, the drow’s other gear is stuffed in a large chest with the symbol of House X’ssynethu on it.

BIO
For Nymiir of House X’ssynethu, reality is a song: Beautiful, cruel, ugly, all-encompassing. Like his father before him, Nymiir learned how to listen, channel it, and add his own accords to the great composition of the living world, becoming a member of the bard caste, also known as bae’qeshel.
Among the initially militaristic drow, the role of the bae’qeshel was primarily to boost morale and intimidate the enemy, but over time entertainment and diplomacy became increasingly important. Nymiir himself became popular among his kin for his hauntingly beautiful music and thus caught the eye of many women – and men.
Among those admirers was Lady Araushnee, then an ambitious young dark elf quickly rising through the ranks of House X’ssynethu, the largest and most influential drow clan. Soon Nymiir became her favored performer, a student of diplomacy, and eventually her lover. As a token of her love she gave him a specially crafted silver flute, which became his signature instrument.
It was not to last, however. Araushnee was a jealous lover, and was enraged to find another woman in Nymiir’s bed, ending their affair and utilizing her by then significant influence to send the bae’qeshel far away.
Officially he was assigned a diplomatic mission to persuade other elves and drow to join House X’ssynethu and to gather information about human activities in the area, but to Nymiir there is no doubt it is a form of banishment. He just hopes that gathering enough new allies would be enough to make Lady Araushnee remember the love they once shared and welcome him back to his home – and into her arms.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So, is Araushnee living in this timesetting? Because I'm interested in involving her in my background story... :)

Fuselage

First Post
Derp, what an unfortunate double post. That makes sense though, as Cuthbert and all of those guys are living saints.

I like where your head's at.

Last edited:

Remove ads