D&D 5E Does an item to enhance Unarmed Strike exist?

Bardbarian

First Post
Without reading the rest of this post, for those looking for a monk enhancement item there is the Talisman of the claw available in Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It is also avaialble as a DM reward in season 7 of Adventurers league. It adds +1 to hit and damag to unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

Bruno Santos1

First Post
If you absolutely must stick to Core Rules, a Hat of Disguise allows casting Alter Self at will. Among other things, the spell allows you to grow claws that function as magic unarmed strikes +1.

Late to the party but a cestus was immediately what i thought about.

I had a pathfinder monk who with the grace of the dm allowed me to smash my fists into vials of poison and used it for damage for the next fight. Poison fists was awesome. If i was a monk and i had something like a cestus that erupts on flame or releases acid and does extra damage id be a happy player!

----
Did not realise how old this thread was! Sorry!

Herosmith14

First Post
Uh, I think there's something in Tyranny of Dragons. It's some sort of amulet I think, and it has other effects aside from the US stuff, but there is a US bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Tiger Claws - slashing damage
Spiked Gauntlet - piercing damage
Brass Knuckles - bludgeoning damage

As noted above, there is an item in Horde of the Dragon Queen that is monk-usable but not special to them.

I agree that it is more cool to get a damage type and some fluff text than just a Weapon of +1.
(When I wanted to upgrade my Tyranny of Dragons Paladin's whip to a Magic Whip, I made it do psychic damage and the handle was a taxidermy'ed mind flayer tentacle.)

There aren't any official items for monks that I'm aware of, so just build a "magic dagger" and replace 'dagger' with the names up top.

Sm!le

Explorer
My monk player asked (reasonably) if there was any way he could get a magic item to boost his unarmed strike to-hit and damage like a magical weapon would. Essentially he wants a +1 weapon, but just for his hands.

Quickly glancing through the DMG magic items (which are horribly organized IMHO) I didn't see anything. Since he is gaining the bonus to hit AND damage, but not gaining anything from the "counts as a magic weapon" ability I let him purchase a custom made spiked glove affair from a dwarven craftsman for 600gp.

Does such an item actually exist and I missed it?

DS
The 'amulet of the mighty fist' in the magic item compendium it does exactly that.

Sm!le

Explorer
The 'amulet of the mighty fist' in the magic item compendium it does exactly that.
It is in the dungeon master guide page 246

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120-224646.png
    Screenshot_20231120-224646.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 31

Remove ads