Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Corlon

First Post
You are all part of the local mercenary group that you joined about six months ago. This is your first big mission, because it goes out on the open sea and not just protecting the coast. The person that is paying you is a captain of a merchant vessel named jean. Jean is attractive by human standards, and is better than most at being a ship captain. There is one strange thing about her, but no one can ever seem to put a finger on it, just one of those strange feelings. She also just seems to have a sense of where things are around her ship, and when storms are brewing. Your mission is to protect the boat. The mercenary crew all drew straws, and you are the unlucky ones chosen to guard the merchant ship, while the other mercenaries trail behind in the group’s ship.

Any questions, comments, or concerns you'd like to ask jean, jocko (your captain) or any other people before the voyage commences?

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Farear leans against a wall and plays idily with a small gem, rolling it in one hand, passing to the other, and so on. "Any idea of what we'ed face if anything happens? Sanguin, or humans, or what?"

GWolf

First Post
Ron leans against the railing of the ship, his musket leaning on the railing aswell next to him. He has a notebook open, where there is tons of notes and diagrams jotted down, presumably written by him.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Forgetting his question with a short attention span common to sea elves, Farear leans over Ron's shoulder. Pointing with his chin, he asks "Whuzzat? Looks complicated."

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Mention of the glider, arouses Tycho's attention, but he quickly dismisses it out of hand as more human foolishness.

'What an odd crew we have here', the gnome mutters to himself, 'elves who think they can swim and men who think they can fly...'

Turning to jean, Tycho asks curiously.

'Excuse me, ma'am, but what type of vessel will we be sailing on, if you don't mind my asking, and what exactly will our duties be?'

Corlon

First Post
"If nothing goes wrong, then you probably won't have to do much except help with some of the labor" Jean says with a smile, "but if things do go wrong, you should be their to defend the ship."

"The most likely enemies would be pirates, even though pirate activity has been very low on this certain route, if we do encounter someone, it'll probably a passing sahuigan band, nothing too hard to handle, especially for such a...diverse crew such as yourselves"

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'My time at sea has allowed me to become a somewhat proficient sailor, so I have no qualms in helping with the day-to-day running of the ship. I haven't, errr... exactly learned how to swim, however, so I hope I shan't be expected to get my feet wet.'

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Farear, who has been staring engrossed with Ron's designs at this point, suddenly comes out of his reverie and perks up, grinning at Tycho and holding up his webbed hands. "Don't know how to swim yet, eh? I'm sure I could teach you a thing or two."

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'Indeed I'm sure you could, master elf, but I'm afraid that we gnomes haven't much talent for swimming and such. It seems I'm not quite as well-equipped to deal with the water as yourself.'

Last edited:

Remove ads