Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Wilphe said:
"Well, we won't be quite so much in the way now. Anybody want to come with me and look her over?"

Farear tries quickly to judge the speed of the ship, wondering if he'd be able to catch up if he went for a quick dip. If it seems safe, he'll toss grab a rope, tie it to the railing and dive off. "Maybe later. The waves call!"

If not, he shrugs. "Sure. Let's see what there is to see, eh?"

Corlon

First Post
Farear can keep up with it if he swims his normal speed.
Thalia looks about the ship, which is in top shape, Jean obviously isn't a slacker when it comes to things like this.
The ship, called Swift also has just two sails for propulsion, and is armed with a ram on the front and a ballista in the back.

There is one not very well stocked armory and the rest of below decks is taken up by quarters and storage.

Corlon

First Post
Farear can keep up with it if he swims his normal speed.
Thalia looks about the ship, which is in top shape, Jean obviously isn't a slacker when it comes to things like this.
The ship, called Swift also has just two sails for propulsion, and is armed with a ram on the front and a ballista in the back.

There is one not very well stocked armory and the rest of below decks is taken up by quarters and storage.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: Farear charges the double post. :p

Ic: "Maybe later. The waves call!" With a whoop, Farear dives off the edge of the ship, and swims around in it's wake, plays it it's bow waves, checks out the bottom and local wildlife, and generally has a good ol' time for about an hour before he surfaces and calls for a rope. He's not keeping a paticular eye out for anything, but large obvious things, like a coral reef they Swift is about to hit, will catch his attention. He also may or may not notice Changlos tailing the ship.

Capellan

Explorer
A tall man stands at the prow of the Swift, savouring the swell that lifts the ship as it cuts across the waves. He is gaunt, with skin like leather, and seems a wild and imposing sort.

Then he turns and smiles, and the gleam of humour in his eyes softens that first impression of wildness,

"A fine day, is it not?"

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'Indeed it is, sir - I do hope that this clement weather holds for the duration of the voyage. I have a slight tendency for bouts of seasickness, and I'd really rather not make a spectacle of myself on account of turbulance...'

Capellan

Explorer
"Och ... ye'll have your sea legs in no time, I'm sure." the gaunt man sweeps back his unruly, grey-tinged hair. "I love the feel of the sea, m'self. The fall and rise of it, beneath ye feet ... the only thing tae beat it is flyin' ..."

Corlon

First Post
Jean breaks off watching how the ship is going at the mention of flying "have you been flying before?" She asks "I've always heard about people riding on giant birds and lizards, but I've never seen it myself."

Capellan

Explorer
"Aye, Cap'n. I've flown a time or two. There's nothin' like it ... the world laid out below ye, and the wind in yer fe- hair."

Edit: typos

Last edited:

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'I can't say anything about birds or lizards, but in my homeland flying in mechanical contraptions isn't unheard of. I must say that it somehow feels more natural than being afloat at sea, but perhaps we gnomes are just built to more greatly appreciate such matters.'

Remove ads