• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Corlon

First Post
The crew seems to want to stay also.

"Well farear, I'd say that'd be the end of your relatively short life, the sea devils can swim better than you, and they have pet sharks, I wouldn't advise going in the water."

The merchant ship slows a bit so that it's besides the mercenary ship, men man the ballistas for when the ship is in range.

Capellan

Explorer
I will cast barkskin on myself as the ships move into position (lasts 50 minutes; increases me to AC 17) as soon as the first ballista shots are fired.

Then I'll find somewhere with some cover, and wait for the ships to close to 150' apart, at which point I will cast flaming sphere directly onto the approaching devil-ship.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Farear waves his hand dismissively. "As you will," he replies, as if it didn't matter a bit to him. To be honest, he hadn't thought of it....

Farear is fairly useless until the sea devils get close, so he'll stick next to Taloquar. As they both settle down and take cover, Farear starts talking to him, resuming a conversation they had had several days ago as if there hadn't been a pause of more than a second. And, of course, as if they weren't about to head in to combat.

"So where is Changlos from, again? And how'd you wrest him from his matron, if she was such a fine and large specimen? I seem to recall giant squid aren't much for debate." He leans on his trident, and fingers the folded net attached loosely to his belt.

Capellan

Explorer
"I got 'er near the Shelcrag Reefs, two winter ago. And ye'd be surprised how reasonable a mama-squid can be, if you soothe her right." Taloquar grins, "'o course, if'n ye offend her, ye don't live long eno' to regret it ..."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Aye, I met a human sailor once who had a run-in with a giant squid. He got off easy. He'd say to me, guess how many tentacles a giant octupus has? And I'd wait for the punchline. And then he'd hold up all of his fingers and grin." Farear shakes his head, looking at his hands and bending his right's pinky and ring fingers. "Every day like clockwork, like he'd just thought of it."

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'I'd really rather not stick around here if they try to board us... there must be somewhere safer for me to fight from...'

[OOC: Is there a crows nest or other elevated platform amongst the masts? If so, Tycho will climb to a safe place before casting Mage Armour on himself (boosting his AC to 17).]

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
Ron grumbles, picks up his musket, and run behind some crates, ducks down, and puts his musket atop the crates, bracing it.

Douane

First Post
"A good choice!", Essan'ner remarks.

Out of habit, he sharpens his rapier with a whetstone; smiling grimly in anticipation of what is come.

Corlon

First Post
There is a crows nest, and everyone moves into position. It takes about 30 seconds for the raider to come within 150ft., and all three ships fire off their ballistas.

":):):):)" yells Jean as one of the ballista bolts rip through the large sail. One sailor immediately climbs up the mast and starts trying to repair the sail. The other sail is immdediately set up, but it won't propel the ship nearly as fast as the big one. Swift and Justice both fire their rear facing ballistas into the hull of the Sahuigan ship near the water line, but fail to pierce the hull.

Assessing the situation, Jean then speaks to the druid and the sea elf "Could you guys somehow get those towing lines from the ship cut, you may have a couple problems with sharks, but they can't go nearly as fast without the tow from the sharks"
(when she talks to Taloquar, she's asking about Changlos)

Capellan

Explorer
"Aye, that I could."

Taloquar scrambles over the side of the ship and gives a wild yell as he leaps down into the water. He wild shapes into a shark as soon as he is under the water and out of sight, and summon Changlos to his side.

* Like I'd send my poor wee bairn out alone. * he thinks to himself, as he takes a moment to get a bearing on the Sahuagin tow lines.

Remove ads