Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Tch! It's simply a matter of practice. Why, give me a month or two with you and I'll have you growing gills!" Farear throws the gem he's been holding up and snatches it in midair to emphasize the last word. He veers away from the subject like an out-of-control cart. "Now if there's nothing else to say here, I think I'll go for a swim. I've been out of the water too long, and my gills are getting parched. If I go swim for a bit now, I can hit the taverns all night with no worries."

Corlon

First Post
Jalon Odessa said:
I haven't, errr... exactly learned how to swim, however, so I hope I shan't be expected to get my feet wet.'

Well, you aren't excepted to, but whether you get bull rushed off of the boat is a whole nother issue :D

GWolf

First Post
Ron closes his book and sticks in his leather side bag.

He then goes around to any merchants (or crew members if there are none) on board and asks "Where can I get the materials for some canvas, and some iron and tin?"

Corlon

First Post
hearing ron say this, Jean says "couldn't you have thought of this earlier, we're leaving as soon as everyones questions are answered, we have to get this cargo where it's going, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait on those objects, mabye once we reach the colony. Now, do we have any more questions, or can we get underway?

Douane

First Post
'Essan'ner' silently regards his companions and judges them to be a rather odd bunch. Still, each of them had shown his abilities in the past and would prove useful.

Turning to Jean, he asks:

"Do you have any information on the pirates operating in this region? Anything you have heard could be of use."

"Besides, is there any special reason that anyone would be interested in this ship and its cargo? The security measures seem to be rather excessive, especially if the seas are considered safe around here."

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thalia has been sitting, rather quietly in one of the corners. She appears to be giving off vaugely bad vibes but eases up slightly when she realizes that the local Jonah is not going to get enough materials to kill them all in a bizarre mishap just yet.
"I've served both as a carpenter's and bosun's mate before now, and I can handle myself in the tops as well. I'm game. Are your crew much as fighters or nay?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Corlon said:
"...we're leaving as soon as everyones questions are answered, we have to get this cargo where it's going, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait on those objects, mabye once we reach the colony. Now, do we have any more questions, or can we get underway?

Farear, who was about to step out the door, turns around at this. "Oh? We're leaving now? How come no one tells me these things?" He gets over his indignation quickly, however, addinge excitedly "Well, we're wasting time! Let's get going."

GWolf

First Post
"Well, I don't need the materials now, I need them when I can get them, I was just to ask where I could at sometime acquire them." Ron says disgusted and walks back to the rail and leans his musket about it and begins to look over some more of his obscure notes.

Corlon

First Post
"well, to your question about excessive security, excessive would be a couple warships crewed by elite sailors, or mabye a few ironbacks would also be excessive, but this is just incase a traveling pirate possibly spots us, this cargo is needed by the colony and they can't be held up anymore."

After she says this she turns away from you and starts directing the crew. As you sail out onto the open ocean, the mercenary boat follows about ten feet behind you.

One sail on the Merchant ship isn't open so that the mercenary ship can keep up.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thalia noticeably relaxes as the ship leaves, a ship is her natural element and the ship is back in its, so they are both happy. She watches the crew go about their business without pitching in unless they ask, getting a feel for how they work and what is where.
Once the crew have finished getting out of harbour and matters are not so hectic she turns the others:
"Well, we won't be quite so much in the way now. Anybody want to come with me and look her over?"
She takes the opportunity to go over the ship from stem to stern, exploring below decks and mentally mapping how the ship is laid out and what sort of condition its in.
When that is finished she takes a look at the deck gear, running and standing rigging and climbs up the mast if possible.

OOC:
What sort of ship are we talking about?
High Medieval or Age of Sail?

Remove ads