I have a job

Nellisir

Hero
That would work quite well.

https://goo.gl/photos/vkz7yTY2r1AUpLTm6

Platform 1 of 8. My boss, bless his heart, left NO margin of error in these suckers, so measurements are precise to 1/16th. I did all the cutting thursday, assembled 6 of them Friday. Tomorrow I'll assemble the last two, build a saw table, and start decking, which is where it'll get colorful. The material is structural plastic, made from recycled plastic. Does not rot, crack, or splinter. Very low maintenance. <sigh>

</sigh>

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Personally, I have always hated compound bevels, but that is from making frames. In high school, the jigs we have now didn't exist.

Nellisir

Hero
The saws make it a lot easier. My Bosch is a dual-bevel compound sliding miter saw, so I can tilt 45 degrees in either direction and angle it 60 degrees to one side and 50 to the other. Straight on, it'll slide something like 16". If you get into real steep angles it can be tricky, but I don't think it'll be a problem on this job. My boss is trying to figure out the cuts; I think I could probably do it just as easily, but I've only been there like 5 days, so not quite ready to kick him out.

It was a lot more complicated twenty years ago, when I started doing construction. Crown molding meant flipping it upside down and reverse. :/ Everyone did it wrong at least once a job.

Remove ads