Problem with Cry baby player

buzzard

First Post
Junkheap said:

Either way, i dont know what to do with him. Any suggestions?

I had a simmilar player in a campaign I was in. I left. He was simply too annoying to bother gaming with, and when I pointed it out to the DM he did nothing about it. That made a compelling case for leaving. I have since had to DM my own campaign, which is a shame since I prefer playing. Then again it is rather like paying my dues since I have played far more than DMed. Luckily there are no such characters in my game. If there were they would not last long at all. I would sooner not play than put up with childish and annoying players.

Buzzard

Junkheap said:
In this group we play with, we have this player that is a munchkin to the extreme. Being a munchkin is fine to a point. But this person in all the campaigns we play in usually has about at least 5 classes, most of them being prestige, yes prestige. He usually picks classes that are front loaded to make an uber character. I complain about it and told him about it and he says it all makes sense. I know there is no limit to the amount of prestige classes, but this is just ridiculous.

In other campaigns, he usually calls the actions of other players stupid as well as cry when someone does not want to do somehting he wants, or make something he wants. In the case of making something he wants, he basically throws a hissy fit and cries to the DM to let him change his character due to the fact that the other player will not make him a magical item.

Either way, i dont know what to do with him. Any suggestions?

Wow. My son (6, almost 7) is a more mature player than that.

Unless the DM (is that you?) puts his/her foot down, the only solution is for one of you to leave. And even the DM putting the foot down may not work--could just lead to more waterworks and immature behavior.

madriel

First Post
Talk to the other players and the DM and see how they feel about him. I bet they're probably just as sick of the jerk as you are. If they don't want to kick him to the curb, find yourself another game.

I do wonder, though, if he wants magic items so damn badly why doesn't he just play a spellcaster himself? But that would be a sensible thing to do...:rolleyes:

BTW, how old is this idiot?

Last edited:

Hadraniel

First Post
We had a guy in a group I played that was like that. Imagine the most annoying person that you have ever seen x10. Anyhow the Dm talked to him tried to find out what he wanted to play and made him play a character like that. Also when he started being annoynig we just ignored him. This might seem hard at first, but with practice it is really easy.

The same guy then made a character just to try and stir things up among the group. Well he would have his plans backfire, usually having him die and we would not bother rezing him. Eventually he came around a bit.

BTW if a player started demanding I make him a item I would tell him to settle down or he gets nothing. Once people know you are there to have fun and not put up with a bunch of shenanigans things tend to go a lot smoother.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases