Problem with Cry baby player

JoeGKushner

First Post
Junkheap said:
In other campaigns, he usually calls the actions of other players stupid as well as cry when someone does not want to do somehting he wants, or make something he wants. In the case of making something he wants, he basically throws a hissy fit and cries to the DM to let him change his character due to the fact that the other player will not make him a magical item.

Either way, i dont know what to do with him. Any suggestions?

I'm not having the first problem you were, with munchkinism but the second part is starting to creep in bad. Other players want to kill this guy but because they're all good aligned, they've left off for now. Worst part is I can see some of what this guy is thinking but he's just going about it wrong.

It's going to probably turn up with this current character retiring and him making a new character and seeing if it was just this character, or if it's him.

I know there is no limit to the amount of prestige classes

This isn't really true. Prestige Classes are entirely at the DM's option, so there is a limit - the number the DM will permit. In many campaigns, you can't enter most PrC's without some role-playing requirements (an invitation from an established member, a quest, some circumstance in your character's life), so a DM could easily find a dozen completely legitmate reasons why the character you listed is simply not permitted. (In addition, he seems to have entered his first PrC after two core-class levels, which is not allowed by the ruoles of the game.)

If the DM - is it you? - is unhappy with the character build or the player's behavior, he has to put his foot down. Which is entirely his right and responsibility. If he doesn't, your problem is not just a problem player, but a DM not willing to do the things that will make the game the most fun for the greatest number of players (and himself).

The Spectrum Rider

Imperialus

Explorer
umm... I've never taken more than 2 classes so I am not familiar with the actual mechanics but don't you take some pretty hefty XP hits after your third or fourth class? You should just start outgunning him by natural progression.

the Jester

Legend
Imperialus said:
umm... I've never taken more than 2 classes so I am not familiar with the actual mechanics but don't you take some pretty hefty XP hits after your third or fourth class? You should just start outgunning him by natural progression.

Not exactly.

Not counting your favored class or any prestige classes (though that rule accidentally got cut out of the 3.5 dmg!), you take a 20% hit to your earned xp per class that's more than a level removed from the other class(es) you have. So you could be a cleric 1/paladin 1/monk 1/fighter 2/ranger 1/rogue 2 and you'd be fine, but if you took a 3rd level of fighter you'd start suffering the xp penalty.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
adndgamer said:
What!? Damned! Hm.. Well, in MY campaign, lightning bolt bleedin' rebounds. :D Man.. that spell suddenly isn't so cool anymore...

Dang. Anybody else can think of some 'accidents'?

Sure, ummm... Lightning Bolt still travels a path and the Wizard is usually 'behind' the rest of the party right?

This happens all the time to my party. We are fighting in restrictive corridors and my Sorceror only has Electricity or Law spells (a theme kinda deal). Got so bad in one fight I had done more damage to the Blackguard with Lightining than the Giant had done to him. He threatened to club me down if I hit again... heh heh...

Anyway any area spell can always hit party members 'accidently'. Heck I rarely bother to target around the Rogue (most of my area spells are Reflex saves).

TTFN

EvilE

Remove ads