D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

kuey1975

First Post
"And any way out of the keep other than through the front gates?" Carad suddenly chimed in. "They would certainly be watching there."

Seemingly unaware of his sudden interruption, he then turned to look out again at the town with a worried frown, especially to the south, as Scree silently landed on his shoulder unbeckoned. "It's like the chaos brought forth by the Spellplague, all over again."

Unconsciously, his hand wandered to a scroll case by his side and fingered a parchment contained within.

Skarsgard

Explorer
"A hunt then, with one of the leaders as prey." Hunter thinks for a moment to the dark robed one that was ordering him around and smiles. "I think I might have a perfect candidate!"

Turning to the govenor, "Sir, could I use your spyglass for a bit, I might be able to find one of the sub-commanders off by themselves, which would make them an easier target."

[sblock=OOC]
Not sure if you want perception through the Spyglass to find the dark robed guy but here is a roll just in case you wanted it.

[roll0]

Passive Perception = 20

[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor nods his consent as Morgan hands the spyglass to Hunter. But the warrior is unable to spot any likely targets, away from the torches lighting enemy camp it is tough to pick out specific targets in the town itself. He turns to address the group.

"You read me correctly. I was hoping I might impose on you all to capture such an individual and bring them back here. Unfortunately I do not know where you might find one specifically. We can hold ourselves here for quite a while. It doesn't appear that this group has much in the way of siege equipment. They may try to strike at softer targets while we hole up. The mill," he points west, and then east "or the temple to Chauntea. I imagine there are a number of families taking sanctuary there. If the raiders move against one of those, they may have someone leading the attack."

At Carad's interjection, he nods firmly.

"That I think we can help you with, or Escobar can."

Forged Fury

First Post
"Let me confer with the squad," Morgan replied.

Turning to the rest. she said, "We'll, you've heard the options: mill or temple. The mission has two parts, rescue the townsfolk and capture one of the commanders alive. Thoughts?" She reserved her own opinion for now, interested to see what the others had to say.

Skarsgard

Explorer
"I definitely think there will be people holed up at the church and that saving them should be our prioity." he nods out into the dark. "And it will give us a chance to get one of the leader types, but how do we get the people back in without having to fight through all the kobolds and warriors?"

kuey1975

First Post
Breaking himself out of his musings, Carad turned to face the party. "I agree, the temple should be the first priority. It would be a natural place for the villagers to take refuge." Glancing briefly at Jeni, he added, "And we can't allow such desecration to a house of worship."

Spartain104

First Post
Venn simply shrugged. Either option seemed likable and was sure to produce a leader. He simply stood near the parapet, leaning over for a better view and occasionally glancing up into the sky like a rabbit fearing the pass of a hawk. For the moment he cared not for whom he helped or what they wanted. He simply wanted to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps finding a leader was the best plan. But why were they here....

hafrogman

Adventurer
Governor Nighthill catches Venn looking up into the night sky and goes to stand beside him looking up into the clouds as well.

"Yes. It's still up there. . .

He pales slightly as if remembering something.

"For whatever reason it seems content to stay there, terrifying everyone."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Venn simply shrugged. Either option seemed likable and was sure to produce a leader. He simply stood near the parapet, leaning over for a better view and occasionally glancing up into the sky like a rabbit fearing the pass of a hawk. For the moment he cared not for whom he helped or what they wanted. He simply wanted to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps finding a leader was the best plan. But why were they here....

Jeni has been somewhat distant since they entered the keep. She kept looking at the survivors, looking for elves, her kin... On the roof, she had kept quiet, looking for clusters of survivors, hoping they were elves... She didn't see any. Hope was changing to anger, and she commanded the forces of nature, so she had to be careful about her anger.

Breaking her silence, in a soft voice at first, but growing in loudness as she came out of her thoughts "The temple; definitely the temple. That is where we will find the most survivors. It wouldn't be an easy target for our enemy, since it was made to be defended, and as we head there, we take on any leader-type we can find, as long as we help those in the temple."

Forged Fury

First Post
Looking around the group, Morgan nodded. "Governor Nighthill," she said, "it seems we're of the mind to mount a rescue operation of the Chauntean temple first. You mentioned Escobar may have a way for us to get out unobserved?"

Noting the Governor and Venn staring up in the sky, Morgan glanced up and asked, "What... what exactly is it that's flying around up there? We couldn't see it through the smoke when we arrived."

Remove ads