D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Spartain104

First Post
"Dark wings flutter on high,
Not a chance of hope for passerby.
Clouded thoughts and broken knee,
Best not challenge those that flee."

Venn whispers slightly. He seems oblivious to Morgan and only mildly notices the Governor beside him. The shape within the smoke was not easy to see. It flitted in and out of view but seemed to soar with a macabre grace. Unlike the Governor Venn was much more entranced than fearful.

He turned to The Governor, his dark unnaturally blue eyes seemed to pierce through a veil that you might not have guessed existed. His face was passive, yet stern. "Might it be a dragon? Have you gotten a look?" Magic seldom left any part of the world untouched and Venn seemed to be in-tune with it all. He looked between the Governor and Morgan, aware of how deadly this place was about to become. Despite his... strangeness, it had often fall upon Venn to deal with the majority of magical issues the company faced. From traps to seals and magical items. He had the seemingly endless knowledge, If only he was in the right mood to connect with it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor nods.

"Aye. We haven't seen a clear look, but there's the lightning. And it's of a size for it. But mostly it's what you all feel, that sort of primal fear of being hunted. Our hearts know there's a predator up there, even if our minds don't."

kuey1975

First Post
Carad, as usual, merely nodded in reply and followed the party as they descended to meet the castellan. He paused briefly though, thinking of the exchange between Venn and the governor, and looked up into the sky once again. "First fire, now lightning," he muttered under his breath, "Just like in her drawings."

While he turned back to head down the latter, Scree remained on the roof to keep vigil over the town.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
As you head down to the second floor, Governor Nightfall catches Escobar's eye and the dwarf joins the group as they head down again and again into the basement of the tower. This is a larger storage room, filled with barrels and crates. Escobar leads you around a corner to a large grate built in front of a tunnel that leads south. He pulls out a large key ring and selects a large iron key.

"This tunnel will take you out of the tower, bypassing the siege. It lets out into the stream bed. Needless to say, if the enemy were to discover the way in, they could cause more than a little trouble. So make sure you are not seen. Whenever you are ready, I will unlock the gate for you to go out."

Forged Fury

First Post
Morgan grimaced. More sneaking? She was a poor sneak at the best of times, her armor just made her even more incompetent at it. "Alright then, scouts take the lead. The rest will trail about 60 feet. Get a good eye on the situation and send one scout back to bring the rest of us forward when the way is clear."

Before the party headed out, the woman turned to Nighthill and asked, "A favor, your honor. We came to Greenest at a man named Leosin's behest. Do you know if he is within the walls of the keep?"

kuey1975

First Post
Seeing the tunnel, Carad sends to Scree, "My pet, it is time to go." With that Scree hopped off his perch and flew to join the party, startling a few keep residents as he unerringly flew down the stairways and passages into the cellar.

Carad took up position at the side of the grate, nodding to Hunter who took his usual place by his side. He waited, somewhat impatiently, as his commander continued to converse with the governor.

"Fly on ahead about 100ft and alert me if you spot anything of concern. Do not exit the tunnel if you come the the end, though," he commanded his owl. From time to time, Carad

OOC: I'm assuming that Scree is small enough to squeeze through the grate.

[sblock=Stealth & Perception]Scree
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Passive Perception = 13, Darkvision 120ft, Keen Hearing & Sight

Carad when the party eventually starts down the tunnel
[roll3]
[roll4]
Passive Perception = 15

OOC: edit: oops, looks like I typed something wrong. re-posting the dice rolls.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

kuey1975

First Post
[sblock=Stealth & Perception]
Scree
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Passive Perception = 13, Darkvision 120ft, Keen Hearing & Sight

Carad when the party eventually starts down the tunnel
[roll3]
[roll4]
Passive Perception = 15

edit: sorry for the spam, not quite sure what I'm doing wrong so am going to stop here for now. DM can roll the dice :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor quirks an eyebrow at Morgan's question.

"Leosin? Yes, I know him. Haven't seen him since this whole mess began though. I'll pass the word around and see if anyone's had eyes on him."

Escobar unlocks the grate from this end and hands you another key.

"It'll be locked at the other end, too. Haven't had cause to unlock it in a long time, don't know what condition it's in."

Scree heads down the tunnel most of his range. He sends back images of the grate at the other end. And rats. Lots of rats. Swarms of Rats.

OOC: @kuey1975 Pretty sure you're running into the same issue I had in another game. The system cannot handle 5 rolls with titles.

So just add the titles manually and don't use the roll= syntax. For now there's nothing hiding, so not gonna bother.

kuey1975

First Post
Scree heads down the tunnel most of his range. He sends back images of the grate at the other end. And rats. Lots of rats. Swarms of Rats.

Sighing to himself, Carad sent back, "Yes, you may catch one of two while you wait. Don't gorge yourself though. We still have a long night, and the last thing I need is for you to get too heavy."

Turning back to the party, Carad shared, "Scree has reached the end of the tunnel and waits for us there. He says the tunnel is quite bare, so not much to worry about." He paused briefly and pondered, before continuing, "Unless you hate rats. Then it wouldn't be so pleasant."

With that said, he headed down the tunnel, taking point with Hunter.

Remove ads