D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Skarsgard

Explorer
Indeed Hunter adopts his familiar position at point with Carad, "Let's go be hero's!" he laughs to ease his own tension.

[sblock=OOC]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: The tunnel does quickly narrow to 5ft wide. Please provide me a marching order, single file, along with the distance of any gaps.

Forged Fury

First Post
"Let's have the scouts up front. I'll take the rear just in case. Jeni, why don't you trail the scouts by a score of feet. Venn can follow you by another ten, and I'll follow him by ten feet." Morgan suggested as the team entered the tunnel. "Let's go without light for as long as we can." She knew the lack of light would trouble Hunter somewhat, but that was one reason for having two scouts.

kuey1975

First Post
"Without light, let me take the front then," Carad suggested to Hunter in response. "But I'll keep close - I would need your support."

OOC: I suggest Carad takes point then with his dark vision, but with Hunter just 5 ft behind.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
The group sets off down the tunnel, keeping in formation and the dark, for now. Soon enough, Scree's information proves accurate, and Carad finds himself trying to walk through a literal rat's nest. It is just as the first rats start streaming towards him from the floor and walls that he realizes that Scree is a spirit who manifests as an owl, and not an actual owl. Scree's interest in the rats was not culinary in nature, but a warning of real danger.

Rats swarm forward over Carad and Hunter. The barbarian is able to fend off the wave of beasts, but Carad is critically savaged by rats who get inside armor, and fall onto his face and other exposed flesh.

OOC: The rats get a surprise round

Carad is brutally ratted for [roll0] piercing damage.

Initiative:
Carad: 19
Hunter: 14
Rats: 14
Venn: 12
Jeni: 11
Morgan: 9

Carad and Hunter are up. Not going to bother with a map for this one, it's a 5ft wide corridor, the swarms are IN Hunter and Carad's squares.

Code:
 >-from keep--  M-V-J[u]HC[/u]  --to exit-->

Skarsgard

Explorer
Hunter squirms as the rats crawl over him and he lashes out with sweeping blows of his javelin. "Push forwards!" he hisses.

[sblock=action]

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

[/sblock]

kuey1975

First Post
Realising his mistake too late, Carad grunted in pain as he felt what seemed like hundreds of pierced his skin.

Pulling out a torch, Carad gave quick wave of his hand and uttered some words of power and the torch immediately lit up. He then dropped it at his feet, hoping the sudden flames would scare the rats away, or at least burn some in his space. With another short utterance, Carad allowed his affinity to the fey to strengthen, fading away from sight and appearing further down the corridor out of the rat swarm.

OOC:
Object interaction: pulling out torch
Action: Cast Prestigidation on the torch
I'm assuming dropping it is fine?
Bonus Action: Using Fey Step, i.e. Misty Step, to leave the rats on him behind.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hunter sweeps his javelin through the swarm on him, connecting with several rats, but the swarm as a whole hardly seems affected.
Carad drops the lit torch at his feet and steps into the feywild, emerging further down the tunnel.
The rats stream away from the fire and push further in, swarming over Jeni and Hunter, but failing to find purchase.

OOC: Initiative:
Carad: 19
Hunter: 14
Rats: 14
Venn: 12
Jeni: 11
Morgan: 9

Everyone is up.

Code:
 >-from keep--  M-V-[u]JH[/u]*-----C  --to exit-->
*torch

Remove ads