D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Hey all, I'm going to have to break for about a week. Hopefully I can chime in over the weekend. Next week things should free up again.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: All right...game back on. So sorry for the long delay. FWIW, my son is ready to murder me since our table game has experienced the same delay.

So a refresher of where we are. Please talk among yourselves about what you want to do and restate your actions....

You are in some sort of ancient temple. You hid in a cave from Demogorgon but it tossed a huge rock at the cliff above you, effectively burying you alive but a crack opened in the wall to this strange place. You met Glabbagool, a sentient, telepathic gelatinous cube that seems more curious about you and the world than in eating you. It had a half digested drow in it. The amount the drow was digested suggests it was consumed fairly recently. Glabbagool has no recollection of eating the drow so either it has a very short term memory or it became sentient somewhat recently (you don't really know of gelatinous cubes are normally sentient but you think probably not).

You uncovered a cave filled with water that contains a crack in the ceiling. Water is pouring in and the water level in the cave is slowly rising. You probably have about 8 hours before the place is flooded completely.

The section with four passage-ways has pits covered by large flag stones that seem like a trap of some sort. You have found two pits so far.

You also have found a fountain/temple. The fountain is broken but in the water you found some pretty significant treasure which is relisted below.

Surana was talking about going to go back to look at the room you only glanced in and suggested the rest of you check out the crack where the water was pouring in. Orsik has pointed out that the drow got in to this place, maybe he had a way out. I may have missed other actions. Like I said, talk among yourselves, correct any errors I may have made and let me know your plan. Orsik will respond to the comment about the drow in character.

Here is the overview map:
overview.png

I know I didn't respond to some perception checks. Remind me what they were for and what the roll was.

112 sp, 41 gp, 3 green-gold bracelets (25 gp each), the dagger, two vials and a larger brass bottle with a lead stopper.

1: a red viscous liquid (you would recognize this as a potion of healing of some sort)

2: a bluish liquid with a jellyfish like bubble floating in it.

Smoke is leaking from the bottle.

Edit: I added an item in your treasure log. A vial of "fog" you found on the drow.

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
"Well, I don't know... I heard that my darker ancestors had magicks that would allow them to pass through the earth itself, but who knows? Maybe that was a priest or priestess and may have had access to those powers. Maybe there was a tunnel alongside us that collapsed in and there used to be a way in and out. That blasted demon prince probably collapsed many a tunnel around here with his thrashing..."

Orsik: "When I was captured I was forced to drink some such magic. It twisted me inside out, shrank me down, spread me out. I felt like I had become like a smoke. They gave it to several of us. It only lasted a moment but when I felt normal again I was in a different passage, like we went through the rock."

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: I believe that the Perceptions were for determining pair-ups. Surana was suggesting we split up, I think, because she wanted to explore that other fork that leads into the cavern system. I was concerned about finding a way out through the cracks in the ceiling with the water. I think it might be worthwhile to check out the other fork as well, and with the oozes dropping out of the stonework, Ezraen doesn't feel 100% confident about letting Surana go alone.

Can we identify the other potion by taste?

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Surana was heading back to check out the cave circled below, since we basically bypassed it. I believe Ez and Erevan had decided to come along too. Her perception check (a 16) was to watch out for dangers as she entered that tunnel/cave.

Unless Uller is totally messing with us, Orsik's IC response translates for me as "use the damn smoke potion, you yahoos."

tmp_11522-2017-04-27 19.09.25225795655.png

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: The smoking bottle is separate from the jellyfish potion, I think. Besides, I think we couldn't split the potion, it would only save one of us... :p

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I can't find what I rolled perception for. Probably to find a way out, with Orsik helping me. So... did I find anything?

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Surana was heading back to check out the cave circled below, since we basically bypassed it. I believe Ez and Erevan had decided to come along too. Her perception check (a 16) was to watch out for dangers as she entered that tunnel/cave.

Unless Uller is totally messing with us, Orsik's IC response translates for me as "use the damn smoke potion, you yahoos."

Hehe. Just trying to give you all the information and trying to narrate some of that through Orsik. Right now he's my Virgil to your Dante..

The smoke bottle does not appear to be a potion...at least not like any you've seen. It's larger. You would guess that if you opened it a large amount of smoke might come out. It's a strange device...

The vials are more like potions properly understood. Small and could be quickly gulped down. But SunGold is correct in observing the Alice in Wonderland nature of things...you can partially drink a potion for a partial effect. A tiny sip will tell you the effect (or poison and possibly kill you...)

The possible potions you have are:

Potion of healing (I don't remember how we determined this to be a healing potion, but that is what it is)

A vial that contains a viscous liquid that is bluish and contains a bubble shaped like a jellyfish.

A vial that contains a "fog" that seems to flow as you move the vial.

When you make your way to the other cave it appears to be another dead end. You don't see any obvious exits but the ceiling is higher here and has some cracks similar to the cave where the water is pouring in. Water is slowly trickling in some cracks on the walls but the ceiling is dry.

As you are examining it you quickly realize you are not alone. One of the puddles near the back moves a bit. It probably conceals another gray ooze.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases