D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Are you alright, Surana?"

Erevan is concerned, but also notices the smoke flowing to the north near the ceiling.

"Wait, the current... There must be a way out!"

Erevan decides to move towards the south, trying to find where the air current is coming from.

"Come, close that vial and let's find out where the air comes in!"

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
Now that you've used it, the bottle is an eversmoking bottle. I'm not sure if it is a typo or if this is how it was really intended to work, but I think we'll skip the bit about the "command word" to stop it. It's just an action to put the stopper back in which is chained to the bottle so you don't lose it!).

Smoke leaks from the lead-stoppered mouth of this brass bottle, which weighs 1 pound. When you use an action to remove the stopper, a cloud of thick smoke pours out in a 60-foot radius from the bottle. The cloud's area is heavily obscured. Each minute the bottle remains open and within the cloud, the radius increases by 10 feet until it reaches its maximum radius of 120 feet.

The cloud persists as long as the bottle is open. Closing the bottle requires you to speak its Command Word as an action. Once the bottle is closed, the cloud disperses after 10 minutes. A moderate wind (11 to 20 miles per hour) can also disperse the smoke after 1 minute, and a strong wind (21 or more miles per hour) can do so after 1 round.

Uller

Adventurer
The air current pull the smoke along the ceiling all the way back to the chamber that you just came from (the one that still has a gray ooze in it) and then disappears through the cracks in the ceiling.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Alright, back to the pool room where Surana opened the bottle, and then she's going to try to follow the air current to its origin by periodically taking the stopper out (very briefly) aand heading in the opposite direction of the flow.

Uller

Adventurer
The air is being pushed by the incoming water so it flows from the room with the pool to the room with the gray ooze then out the cracks in the ceiling.

SunGold

First Post
Once back in the pool room, Surana takes off her boots and pack, draws both swords, and wades into the water. If nothing attacks, she tosses her swords aside too.

OOC: If nothing attacks, she fully submerges, feeling along the bottom as she swims, looking to see if perhaps there's a way out.

DMAesh

Explorer
Surana, do you think you could try to loosen some of that rock up above us? I think that we might be able to get out, if we can widen the crack. I know, it's not the brightest idea, but I am at a loss...

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Careful," Erevan softly says, "There could be something in the water."

Placing an arrow on his bow, the elf watches Surana enter the pool. If no threat reveals itself, he will suggest, "See if there is a crack in the ceiling we could make larger with an a pick or something. Orsik, what do you think?"

Uller

Adventurer
Nothing happens when Surana enters the water. The floor underneath is smooth and slippery. The water is very cold. You quickly realize you wouldn't last too long swimming in it but other than waiting for the water to rise there is no obvious way to reach the cracks in either ceiling ( the dry cave or the wet one).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads