• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

weapons that can do piercing, slashing and bludgeoning damage all at once?

balmz

Villager
anyone here ever seen a weapon that would be able to do piercing, slashing and bludgeoning damage all at once? most weapons i have seen can only do two types at a time. The closest i can think of is the monk spade, however it can only do one damage type at a time. Slashing when you use the bladed spade part, piercing with the end with the crescent moon part and bludgeoning when you bash with the spade

anyone know any weapons that do what i am asking?

I think I saw a monster or two whose teeth did all three types of damage at once, but a weapon with its teeth as a component would lose the bludgeoning damage type.

religon

First Post
One weapon that may qualify is a wide, stabbing blade... an Indian katara, a push dagger. It looks like a big metal triangle with a handle on the base. There are two protective guards that extend behind the blade to protect the forearm. Only the largest ones, "a few feet long," would cause bludgeoning damage. The following site claims it is designed to penetrate armor, but I have no first-hand experience.

http://trenchspike.blogspot.com/2010/08/tactical-tuesday-9.html

I think the ancient Near East had a similar Bronze Age sword... heavy, but short, stabbity blade.

If you have to have one make it up!

Tired of enemies staying up after you hit them? That pesky damage resistance getting you down?

Look no further! Og's weapon Emporium has exactly what you need!

Introducing THE SHMABABICKER!

It pounds it pierces and it cuts! Heres how it works: The shmababicker is a large two handed club featuring knobby protrusions for maximum pulpage. But wait theres more! A solid whack with this beauty triggers a spring loaded curved blade with patented smartgut* technology that senses the precise area of greatest impact and injects the blade forcefully into your foe delivering impressive impaling damage!

If that isn't enough, a sweeping pull of this beauty out of your foe results in the razor sharp edge of the blade doing incredible slashing damage guaranteed to slice your enemy nigh in twain!

DON'T get caught flat footed without one these beauties in your arsenal! Order today! :lol:

No realistic weapon would seem to have that. It's hard to fathom how this would work (wouldn't any one surface rob the others or bashing or penetrating power?).

Historically, a battle axe with a hammer reverse head (or hammer with an axe reverse head if you prefer) and a top spike seems to be a real thing (at least I know I've seen one in a historical weapons book, whether it was used in combat is another question, as there seem to have been a lot of ceremonial weapons made in the real world).

I think part of the game balance is that even with multi-type weapons, you only get up to 2 of the three at most, so you have to experiment to see what works against a new monster type.

Remove ads