• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question for you techie types

I have a question for those tech oriented homies. I had to replace the adapter for my MacBook Air1. My case decided that it made an excellent chew toy. I had to go to a meeting today, so I rant into Best Buy real quick, and picked up a new one, but it ended up being an 85W adapter. The Air brings a 45W adapter. If I use the 85W, will it mess up my battery or anything else? I've used it to charge the Air once today, and it seemed to work without any issues.

[sblock=1]I got a Mac because when I was looking to get a new computer, Windows 8 was out, and I couldn't find a computer without it. Windows 8 was so terrible, it made me go over to Mac.[/sblock]

tomBitonti

Adventurer
See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

Power adapters for Apple notebooks are available in 29W, 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. You should use the appropriate wattage power adapter for your Apple notebook. You can use a compatible higher wattage adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. Lower wattage adapters will not provide enough power.

Thx!
TomB

Remove ads