Talk to me about software for Macs

That would be shocking news to me. Granted, if they're choice is a Mac or a crappy Dell businessware crapbox, I'd understand, but that just seems really weird to me.
Dell shouldn't be considered a computer. It should be considered a punishment from a hateful jerk of a God.

Sure, sure, and Windows has been just wonderful over the years -- no issues or problems, no BSODs, just a joy!
I'm assuming that's why you use iOS?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I went for it. I now own an iMac.

I have typed in my Apple password about a thousand times today. With all its required upper case, lower case, numbers, cartwheels, and limericks.

Ryujin

Legend

I have typed in my Apple password about a thousand times today. With all its required upper case, lower case, numbers, cartwheels, and limericks.

One of the most annoying things that Apple did, from my point of view as a desktop/network support tech, was to eliminate the ability to disable the constant password nags while doing initial installation.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's not as bad as some make it seem. I mean, you'll probably hate the no Backspace key thing. It took me a while to get used to it, but it's not too bad.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One of the most annoying things that Apple did, from my point of view as a desktop/network support tech, was to eliminate the ability to disable the constant password nags while doing initial installation.

It's getting a bit much. Turns out I can't even turn the computer off without the password. I need my Apple password just to go to bed!

b6cd49f90ffb2e1758dde2501cdedfb8.jpg

Ryujin

Legend
It's getting a bit much. Turns out I can't even turn the computer off without the password. I need my Apple password just to go to bed!

That should only happen if you have multiple users logged in. With a single user it's not an issue. Make sure that you uncheck the option to relaunch all open programmes when you log back in, at shutdown. Otherwise you'll eventually be eating a lot of memory in open apps, right from startup.

Remove ads