Captain America: Civil War

Ryujin

Legend
As if that was the thing that made people enjoy films.

As if everyone was the same ;)

I find that it helps increase the chances of my not not enjoying the film, though it's not necessarily a deal breaker. I loved the "Lord of the Rings" movies despite having read the books more times than I can count (almost certainly more than 30) and having some rather deep mental images of how things should look, and play out. I despised "The Hobbit" movies and had to force myself to finally sit through the third, not long ago. I knew the story of the creation of The Vision from my comic reading as a youth, but still enjoyed "The Avengers: Age of Ultron." I'd say to date I'm something like 3:1 against.

I hope not. It's far more interesting if it really is the good guys doing it.
It would be nice if they went by the original concept of no clear right side, with both sides trying to do the right thing.

As for causes, Ultron, and the popping up of inhumans around the glob in unprecedented numbers gives a clear motivation. And the ball is already rolling in Agents of SHIELD. As it is the same universe, it would be odd if they didn't connect.

The original reason for the "Civil War" makes more sense but it cannot be done with one movie. The Schism being Bucky isn't that strong. Cap and Shellhead were okay with Thor taking Loki. Not much of a difference in my mind.

"He will pay for his sins."

"No. He returns to Asgard."

Brief fight scene

"Okay. Let's be buds and form a club."

That said- I know I will still like it.

delericho

Legend
Cap and Shellhead were okay with Thor taking Loki. Not much of a difference in my mind.

The difference is that Loki actually did what he was accused of. From the trailer, it looks like Bucky has been accused of something serious but something that he didn't do. If Cap believes his friend won't receive a fair trial then he might well fight for him.

Ryujin

Legend
The difference is that Loki actually did what he was accused of. From the trailer, it looks like Bucky has been accused of something serious but something that he didn't do. If Cap believes his friend won't receive a fair trial then he might well fight for him.

Well Bucky did actually do a fair bit that he could be tried for. He just did it when he was the brainwashed "Winter Soldier."

Remove ads