Captain America: Civil War

delericho

Legend
The good guys fighting each other is gonna make it hard to get a satisfying ending without really rocking the Marvelverse though. How exactly do you end this without killing off major characters or having them make peace to face a common enemy

IMO, they should rock the Marvelverse. Do a proper tragedy, and end with the (permanent) death of one of our heroes.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
If one should die it should be Captain America. Like he does in the civil war comics. His death would also kick Stark in the nuts. Once again. The MCU seems to put Stark as the central protagonist and he keeps making mistakes. The death of Cap would just be another.

And when he steals the Infinity Gauntlet away from Thanos, he'll bring Cap back to life or do a reboot of the universe to correct his mistakes.

MechaPilot

Explorer
The last fight was good, but what makes it a great moment is the whole "he's my friend" "so was I" exchange.

I'm still looking forward to Suicide Squad and BvS more than Civil War, but the Civil War trailer is definitely better than the Star Wars trailer. The Star Wars trailer didn't even make me want to go see the movie (I'm going to anyway because it's Star Wars and the franchise deserves a chance to redeem itself), but the Civil War trailer definitely did.

Gog

First Post
Well Bucky did actually do a fair bit that he could be tried for. He just did it when he was the brainwashed "Winter Soldier."

I think the Bucky thing in the trailer is a misdirect, that will be the beginning of the movie and someone will be after him, to kill him sure, but it isn't the reason for the Accords. Avengers 2 and the Inhumans (maybe) will be the reason for the accords.

Ryujin

Legend
I think the Bucky thing in the trailer is a misdirect, that will be the beginning of the movie and someone will be after him, to kill him sure, but it isn't the reason for the Accords. Avengers 2 and the Inhumans (maybe) will be the reason for the accords.

Certainly not if it follows the story from the comics, but we hopefully won't know that until it comes out.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I'm guessing that Cap is sent to arrest Bucky under the accords but let him go instead thus causing his break with Tony.

In the Trailer 0.57 it shows the Sokovia Accords being passed across the table, so it does seem that Avengers 2 was the main impetus for things. Plus we saw in Jessica Jones that there are also civilians upset by the Battle of New York too

OMG I've just realised that all of stage 1, 2 and 3 is just a build up towards having a Damage Control movie starring Stan Lee!!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Looks great, but better not be no Episode I trade negotiations bull-schnickety.

If I want to watch a court trial, I can watch... uh... Boston Legal. And I would. Again.

Remove ads