Finland to pay all its citizens 800 euros a month to fight unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

delericho

Legend
Saying charities giving money is no different than the government giving money, because it still amounts to free money is like saying that murder is no different than killing in self-defense since the person still ends up dead.

It's not remotely like saying that.

If it eliminates petty theft, it will also fix global warming and land a man on Mars.

I'll repeat: If it eliminates the petty crime that would otherwise result, it pays for itself handsomely. I didn't claim it would eliminate all petty theft.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It's not remotely like saying that.

Yes it absolutely is. You equated two completely different methods of getting to a single end result. I did the same. Free money is free money, and dead is dead.

I'll repeat: If it eliminates the petty crime that would otherwise result, it pays for itself handsomely. I didn't claim it would eliminate all petty theft.

And I will repeat. You don't. In any case, petty crime is not a good reason to bankrupt a country and/or give out free money. It's violent crime that the actual problem, and you're not going to eliminate that with $800 a month.

delericho

Legend
Yes it absolutely is. You equated two completely different methods of getting to a single end result. I did the same. Free money is free money, and dead is dead.

If you really think that equating charity vs government provision for the poor is to equate murder with self-defense, then we have nothing more to say to one another.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
No it doesn't. Those employers are going to pay for the skills just the same as if the government has not paid. There is no shift in cost. There is only ADDED money from the government to help people learn skills and fill the massive deficit in skilled workers this country is facing.

What happens is a bit more complicated than that. Companies pay according to the supply of workers. Have an oversupply and wages fall.

Thx!
TomB

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...th-to-fight-unemployment/page21#ixzz3v3wSLPGK

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What happens is a bit more complicated than that. Companies pay according to the supply of workers. Have an oversupply and wages fall.

I missed this and saw it when looking for another thread. We're are a looooooooooong way from even meeting demand. there is no surplus and likely never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads