Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia shrugged, "I can take whatever shift with Far'ziel. With a spell, I shall be able to see in the dark as well as she. I also need very little sleep, so I shall be awake most of the night, taking my two hours of rest during the last shift perhaps."

The mephit grumbled, "Lucky you. I need more sleep than that."

Pirvinia smiled at her familiar, "Indeed."

"Jericho and Davin, do either of you wish or desire the use of a spell to see tonight during your shift? We shall not need a fire or torches to see with inside the dome, but the illumination will not help with standing watch for movement outside the dome. We also have the horses picketed outside."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Darvin Hurella 200.jpgJericho 200.jpg
. . . . . . Darvin Hurella . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jericho . . . . . . . .

In short order, Darvin arrives from his conversation with the local farmers. The group's presence has caused something of a stir in the little community, and a small group of children and women turn out to take a look, although the adults keep the time spent ogling down to approximately five minutes. With that, they retire back to the small cluster of farmhouses.

Upon Pirvinia's description of her magic spell, both Darvin and Jericho are interested, but surprisingly, it is Jericho which seems to understand it best. "Oh, a Tiny Hut spell, it sounds like. This is a rare treat, and I've never been on the inside more than a minute or two. Only the wealthiest of my employers have had a task mage sufficiently skilled to work the magic," he begins, apparently knowledgable of this particular spell. Shifting conversation to that of watches and vision, he adds, "I actually see rather well at night, so long as the darkness is not complete. Darvin, however, could use some help in that regard, Pirvinia."

"You're freaks, both you and your sister,"
Darvin retorts playfully. "I catch her working in dim light all the time, and it barely bothers her."

"Clean living," Jericho shoots back. "However, that is neither hither nor yon. For purposes of assigning night shifts, both I and Darvin are available at any time, particularly second shift, which is unpopular with many of the magically skilled people."

Night falls and morning comes with very little issue. At most, a wandering lone wolf sniffed around at the edge of the camp for a minute or two before going on his way. Pulling out a hand-drawn map as Jeroicho works on breaking the camp, Darvin shows it to the group and adds, "I tried to mark several landmarks along the way. We shall see how well I did," the dandy explains, grinning.

[sblock=Skill Checks]Kn: Geography will help read the map and convert it to the real world. Survival will help you not get lost. DC is 15 either way (or both.) Increments of 5 above that will speed the process along. Failing these two checks entirely will result in needing Perception DC 20 to avoid slowing the process further.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk takes his shift with no worries about darkness. As he reflects on the current group of companions he cannot help but think once again he finds himself in good company. Ever since the incident that sent him on his own he has found that his god truly favors him. In the morning he prepares to move out with the others. As Darvin pulls out his map to discuss the route Tsaaruk looks on not really getting what Darvin is showing or discussing. He keeps quiet trusting the others to keep them on the path.

[sblock]
Kn: Geography check 1D20 = [5] = 5
Survival check 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia awoke from her short shift on the watch rotation; her ring reducing the amount of time required for sleeping. Once they were read to move along after breaking camp, she renewed the protection spells she typically had in place for herself and her familiar. Heading into potentially hostile territory, she also carried a flask of alchemist's fire in hand as she rode.

Unable to really make sense of a map, she waited patiently for the others to figure it all out and lead the way. She kept herself in the middle of the procession, maybe more towards the rear than towards the vanguard.

Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian volunteers for the 1st watch; as much as he prefers the darker hours of the night, he knows that he needs his rest for the morning, and he much prefers dusk to sunrise. After a quiet watch, he goes to bed, and has little to offer in the morning after his spells are prepared, not being either a eager travel or a student of the wilds. He chooses to stay out of the way of those more skilled in these matters, patiently waiting for the group to reach the caverns where his knowledge and skills will be of greater use.

[sblock=minstats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12)
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor, Mount, Protection from Evil (2), Vanish, Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad finished his stretches and dawn prayers, returned to the group and glanced over the map.

"I shall be honest, I've never been much of a pathfinder, how much longer of a trip would you say it is?"
[sblock=OOC]Survival: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +3 Reflex: +10 Will: +7
Perception: +16, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+11/+6, 1d8+3, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 5/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 3/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]​

Aura

Explorer
View attachment 73643View attachment 73644
. . . . . . Darvin Hurella . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jericho . . . . . . . .

As the group starts out into the forest, Samad's question grabs the attention of the fencing scholar. "Oh," he starts, parsing his words, "Not far. Maybe less than an hour, as the crow flies."

Perhaps others thought the same quip, but it is Jericho who immediately fields the obvious response. "Too bad, we're not crows," he observes flatly.

"Pffft. I have a map, how bad could it be?" Even as Darvin waves the map around, Jonas furrows his brow, looking over the scrawlings. Even a short pver-the-shoulder observation reveals the truth--Darvin's map is little more than a general idea of how to get there.

About an hour later, and despite some objections from Tsaaruk about having gotten turned around, the group finally approaches a ruin, becoming visible through the trees. However, a sigh from Darvin lets everything know something has gone wrong. "This isn't it, this is Starlight Keep. Worthless! Well, I mean, it's interesting, but I think it's been investigated pretty well since its discovery 5 years ago. That means we're... few hundred yards from where we started."

With a setback fresh in his mind, Darvin becomes a lot more open to input from the rest of the group on navigating to the site. As time goes by, he relies more on Tsaaruk for his feel for the lay of the land, and Jonas for his map skills. New map locations are added, until the map starts to look more and more like a map. After a couple more hours, and with considerably more conversation between the dandy and the two large orc-blooded men, the group comes into a clearing. On one side, Darvin pulls some overgrowth away and reveals a darkened cave beyond. You have arrived.

Jericho begins organizing a base camp, collecting up your horses and doing everything necessary. "Anything you want to leave here, I'll throw into the supply tent. If anyone wants their tents pitched while you're in there, let me know. You know where I'll be."

"Let me show you what we have," Darvin says changing the subject and inviting the group through the overgrowth as he ignites a sunrod. Inside is a cave, sloping downward into the earth. At the opposite side, about 50 feet away, lies a large, single-slab, stone door. On the face is a series of small symbols in a circular arrangement. There is no obvious way to get past the portal. Darvin starts digging through his pack, producing a parchment. "I think I have the code to get the door open figured out, but I haven't tried it. Actually, I haven't really touched it. This is as far as I have been. Ball's in your court, my friends. I can share the information with you, or try it out myself, assuming you're ready and think it's safe. After that, it's all you."

[sblock=OOC](1) Mowgli is awful busy so I'm having him take 10 on Kn:Geography to help move things along. That gives a 16 which is a basic success.
(2) I've got mage armor spells from Pirvinia. Let me know if you have any other long term buffs or preparations.
(3) Starlight Keep - Year 1 LPF reference. :p[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia had all her gear that she needed in her haversack. The horse only carried her camping supplies. She cast her spell to allow better vision in the dark as they went underground. She could carry a sunrod too, but almost everyone had decent vision in darkness so it might not be necessary.

She took one look at the portal and shrugged. "This sort of thing is really not my area of expertise. Are we basically just going to try the code, then? I don't really have any other options myself unless the strong ones have tools to try breaking through."

Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
HP:

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk nods. "We should check it out first to ensure there is no guardian waiting for us. I can try to move it. What is the code?" The big guy gets ready to move on ensuring his camping gear is secure on his rather large horse and all else is with him. Hammer in hand and shield at the ready he moves toward the cave.

[sblock]
ready to go
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

Remove ads