RIP David Bowie

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So David Bowie died last night. Cancer. He was 69. He was without doubt my favourite artist of all time, at least during my teens and 20s. I kinda lost track of music the last 10 years, and haven't heard his last two albums, though the latest was released just on Friday.

ziggy-stardust-2.jpg

To my shame I have to admit that I don't really associate anything with him. But now reading a bit about him, it seems I missed something. Which is not that surprising - I was never a strong follower of music. There are certain "islands" I got interested in (say, Queen or Bear McCreary), but never really was a music collector.

This celebrity death hit me hard. I’ve been a fan of his music since I was 16. In times of sadness or joy, Bowie’s music has been there to cheer me up or cheer me on. The man's far-reaching talent was unbelievable.

"You're watching yourself but you're too unfair
You got your head all tangled up but if I could only make you care
Oh no love! you're not alone
No matter what or who you've been
No matter when or where you've seen
All the knives seem to lacerate your brain
I've had my share, I'll help you with the pain
You're not alone "

Sacrosanct

Legend
My favorite song of his was China Girl. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who lists that as my favorite Bowie song, since there are so many others that usually are chosen instead.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My favorite song of his was China Girl. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who lists that as my favorite Bowie song, since there are so many others that usually are chosen instead.

It's even better when you find out that Bowie's recording of it was, in part, intended to give Iggy Pop a much-needed financial lift.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Combining my love of Bowie and all things space.

[video=youtube;KaOC9danxNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo[/video]

Remove ads