D&D 5E Digital Gaming Tables

Thateous

Explorer
Any generic maps would work. I.E. battle in the cave, city, woods, etc.

Any details you care to share about the table? Any tips or tricks from your friend about making a table similar? Do's and Don'ts? Wouldn't mind taking a whack at such a project once I get back to the states and get a place with a garage.

ProphetSword

Explorer
Here's a few to get you started. Drop them in the map program of your choice (I use MapTools). Three of these are from the maps I displayed in the original post...

Ambushed Checkpoint.pngCave with Pit.pngDark City Streets.pngDark Temple.jpgPit of Moander.png

ProphetSword

Explorer
Here are a couple more, all kind of random. If anyone thinks it's inappropriate to post these in the thread or on this board or whatever, just let me know. Don't want to break any rules...

Dwarven Hall.jpg

LakeShore.jpg

Mine and Forge.jpg

Noxious Swamp.jpg

Tavern Basement.jpg

Metathiax

First Post
I'm posting all this for two reasons. 1) It's really cool. 2) I want to know if any other groups have done anything similar and would like to share about their digital tables. Or if they plan to do something similar in the future. I'm always looking for new ideas and I'm always interested to hear stories about how technology has been implemented into D&D games.

My setup is not as high-end as yours (although it's probably easier for me to store it out of the way in-between sessions) but I use a projector installed on my basement's ceiling to display maps and art on a dry-erase board. I use MapTool to run my games. It offers pretty much everything I could ask for: infinite digital tokens, PC/NPC stats displayed on screen, initiative tool, HP monitoring with health-bars, layered maps, fog-of-war, zoom-in/out, lighting, line-of-sight blocked by walls, doors, obstacles, and more. All in all, I would say that it's my best gaming purchase ever and I think that my players would agree.

RCanine

First Post
OMG you guys have really inspired me. These maps are incredibly well-done.

What's the software you use to generate them? I saw NWN--is that literally the old gold box from 15 years ago that I have sitting in my office?

Remove ads