[IC] Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

MackGrangerSoldierAvatar_zpscf9e7199.jpg

Mack started his circuitous route back to the ship on hearing the news. He murmured a reply, <“Copy that. I will be back soon.”>

Whoever the Rodians were, they had not even tried to deal with him. So either Noe was a target of opportunity or they only were interested in her specifically. He had not been impressed with their preparation work, not properly researching their bounty to know her associates could have fatal repercussions.

Forged Fury

First Post
Session 1/Scene 2: Ah'Kra Spaceport, Hangar 2B5

While the trio of G8R, Krallatan, and Arsinoe busied themselves with preparations for the ship, Mack made progress in returning to the Sarlacc. Periodically checking for tails, he didn't detect anyone following him. As he arrived in Dock 2B, however, he scanned the area and noticed the group of rodians he had previously given the slip already there and speaking to a sullustan dock hand. The sullustan shrugged and the group moved on to a human dockhand in the process of loading a baggage repulsorlift sled.

OOC: Figured a rough map would be helpful. Mack is the M, the rodians are the R, and the rest of the team is in the Sarlacc. Although not depicted, the other hangars have ships in them and the center area is pretty full with repulsorlift sleds, heavy equipment haulers, and other things one would typically find in a busy spaceport dock. Lots of cover or places to hide, although it may make running a bit difficult.

Dock 2B.jpg

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

Mack frowned as he saw the Rodians once again. Wherever they were getting their intel, it was close to finding Noe. But he was happy to see that it was still amateur hour on the intel since they only knew what Docking Bay and not the exact ship.

He stayed near the entrance to the Docking Bay and watched as he called the others, <“Heads up. Noe's friends ditched following me because they decided to try finding the ship itself and ask some questions. They are already here in the Docking Bay, but have not figured out which ship. So far I have not been made, which means I can surprise them from behind if they do approach our ship.”>

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Arsinoe Anjuliz

Coyn/Ah’Kra/Dock/Secondhand Sarlacc

Arsinoe heard Mack’s comm and came out of her cabin in a hurry.

“Mack, can you get to the ship?” she asked. “If they’re that close, we should really get out of here.”

Finding Gator and Krallaton, Noe said, “ We should gear up. Mack might need our help.”

Oh, boy. Did she actually just say that? She wasn’t a combatant like Mack or the droid were, and she wasn’t a Wookie who could tear limbs off people and beat them. But here she was, already strapping a light blaster pistol to her hip and tucking Mack’s old combat knife into her belt.

Leif

Adventurer
Krallatan, Wookiee Mechanic / Pilot

Krallatan initiated the Sarlacc's ignition sequence, made sure its drives were out of gear, and went to make sure the loading ramp was down and they were ready to receive the missing crewmembers. He retrieves and unlimbers his blaster rifle on the way.

[OOC: Interestingly, as I've been reading the original Star Wars trilogy (now I'm almost finished with Return of the Jedi) the weapons are invariably called "lasers" not "blasters," which is just the opposite of the movies.]

gribble

Explorer
LE-G8R-VO

On receiving Macks comm LE-G8R-VO simply responds, "Rodger, taking up position to defend the ship from hostiles", then proceeds directly to the loading ramp, passing by the human female without comment. It appears to be on a mission and will not be distracted by pleasantries.

It positions itself just inside the ramp, as concealed from the outside as possible, bracing it's rifle and ready to repel boarders with a clear firing line down the ramp to the docking bay.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

Mack decided not to try sneaking past the Rodians, but instead hang back near the entrance to the Docking Bay. He murmured into his commlink, <“They are sort of between me and the ship right now. I am watching them to see what they do. If they do discover which ship is ours, then I can just come up behind them.”>

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Arsinoe Anjuliz

Arsinoe paced nervously inside the Secondhand Sarlacc. Mack knew more about this than she did, but she thought getting out of here might be better getting into a shootout in a crowded docking bay.

“Okay,” she commed Mack. “Just...be careful…” She looked around at their cargo hold, considering what they might use to fortify the ramp and provide cover in case it went as badly as she feared.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

Mack started slowly moving towards the ship, closing the gap between him and the Rodians. He was watching them, but making no move to hide or otherwise. He was counting on them being focused on their interrogations and such.

Soon he saw them appear to get what they wanted from the man and he murmured into his commlink, <“I think they have their answers to where you are at Noe. Get ready to receive visitors. If they are stupid enough to try a forceful boarding you should have a decent kill-zone on the ramp while maintaining cover. I will take them from behind if things go that way. Who knows? They might just be wanting to deliver a big fat credit chit for winning galactic publishing sweepstakes.”>

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Arsinoe Anjuliz

“Acknowledged,” Arsinoe told Mack. She fingered her comm nervously and looked at Krallatan and G8tor. “Should I stay out of sight?’ she wondered. Would it be safer for everyone if she just hid in her cabin? She didn’t want to abandon them, though. She settled for ducking behind some of the salvage in the hold, trying to remain out of sight, but could come to the aid of the others should it be needed. Hopefully the Rodians wouldn’t see her and would move on.

[sblock=Stealth]
3 greens
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases