ALL THE BRICKS - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Hm, I didn't realize aspected magery meant that. Goodness. Okay then.

Well, conjured spirits are still pretty good.

You might consider some negative qualities though. If you're going to be RP'ing them, you may as well get some points. :)

Mosier

First Post
Yeah, aspected magicians need to pick one magic-related skill group, and can't use skills from the other groups. So you're forced into a choice between casting spells, summoning spirits, or doing alchemy. Also, aspected magicians can astrally perceive, but cannot astrally project. It's a pretty serious handicap, in exchange for being able to take magic at priority D.

Shayuri

First Post
Natural Hardening provides +1 when rolling to resist biofeedback damage (Firewall [Willpower] + Device Rating [Resonance]). It doesn't modify any other rolls.

Your description of D0's Distinctive Style is good. Remember that what you're paying in exchange for Distinctive Style's karma bonus is the ease of locating your character. If D0's style is such that it can be easily suppressed or hidden, regardless of narrative concerns, you'll be asked to purchase the removal of the quality. Just something to keep in mind!

Everything looks great based on a quick once-over, I'll go over it in detail tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification. One other question; there is a sourcebook for SR5 Matrix stuff called Data Trails. Are you allowing material from there? Specifically, at first at least, there are some qualities and complex forms that would be of interest for me.

TillForPie

First Post
Yeah, aspected mages are quite limited compared to "full" mages. Players tend to want to play the strongest mages they can so you don't often see aspected PCs. Interesting thing is that aspected mages actually represent the great majority of mages in the world.

Thanks for the clarification. One other question; there is a sourcebook for SR5 Matrix stuff called Data Trails. Are you allowing material from there? Specifically, at first at least, there are some qualities and complex forms that would be of interest for me.
Yup, you guys are free to use the supplements. There's some stuff I'll veto (AI characters from Data Trails, metavariants from Run Faster, etc) but for the most part you have a green light.

Shayuri

First Post
In that case I maaaaaaaay swap out a complex form for one from Data Trails. Specifically, there's a complex form in there that lets you spend a point of Edge to wipe Marks out.

Expensive, but it might give me a stopgap until I can raise my Attack attribute a bit.

...except now I can't find that listed. I have literally no idea where I saw that now. I'll check back in if I do...lol.

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
It had completely slipped my mind that Thursday was St. Patrick's Day. Festivities took over and continued on into Friday. So I'll be beginning character verification later today (Saturday).

TillForPie

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION],

The Browning Ultra-Power has a base cost of 640ny, not 670. 20 rounds of Stick-n-Shock ammunition will cost 160ny, not 120. You can only purchase ammunition and RFID tags in increments of 10. So 20 APDS ammunition for the Streetline Special will cost 240ny, not 144. The Stealth Tags will cost 10ny, not 8.

I couldn't figure out the Sensor Tags. To clarify, each batch of 10 Sensor Tags costs 40ny. Then you have to purchase any cameras and microphones you want to use with them separately (you can find these listed on pages 444 and 445). This was probably a misunderstanding on my end so a clarification of what you're purchasing there would be appreciated!

Everything else checks out. You have, including your lifestyle roll, 760ny remaining. This does not include any Sensor Tags, so when you purchase those deduct them from this amount.

Death Otter is approved for play! I'll send you a Chummer file later - you probably already have one but this way we both know for sure that we're using the same information as we move forward.

I'll be confirming Mosier's character next.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I see where I was confused. I reverse engineered the individual cost so I could micromanage expenses, and then somehow missed the part where sensors were sold separately. And since Chummer is smart, it doesn't try to fix stupid, and it let me buy however many of whatever I wanted without 'aheming' and telling me I was being a doof. :)

So!

Fixed the price on the gun. Not sure where I got 670.

Corrected inventory to 10 of stealth, 10 sensor, and added 10 datachips, so D0 can store stuff she steals. Added 2 camera sensors and 2 omnidirectional mics, to go into the sensor tags. That does mean 6 tags don't have sensors. I'm assuming I can buy sensors for them later and have them installed. I can't really afford 5 microcameras and 5 mics at the minute. Not if I want subway fare. :)

Thanks for going over it. I do have a chummer file, but I will replace it with the one you send so...as you say...we are working from the same place.

[sblock=Death Otter; Part 2]Priorities
Attributes: A, Skills B, Resonance C, Metatype D, Resources E

BOD 3
AGI 4
REA 4
STR 2
CHA 3
INT 5
LOG 6
WIL 5
EDG 2
RES 6

Initiative 9+1d6

Limits
Physical 4
Mental 8
Social 6

Living Persona
Rating 6
Attack 3
Sleaze 5
Data Processing 6
Firewall 5

Qualities:
Codeslinger (Hack on the Fly) 10
Natural Hardening 10
Analytic Mind 5
SINner (UCAS national) -5 (Name: Dolores Zane)
Distinctive Style -5 (outlandish behavior)
Allergy -5 (Mild, Uncommon - Animal Fur)

Group skills
Tasking 5 (11)
- Compiling
- Decompiling
- Registering

Active skills
Computer 6 (12)
Cybercombat 4 (10)
Electronic Warfare 5 (11)
Hacking 6 (specialized in Hosts) (12/14)
Perception 2 (7)
Pistols 3 (specialized in semi-automatics) (7/9)
Sneaking 1 (specialized in Urban) (5/7)
Software 6 (12)

Knowledge skills
Area Knowledge (Campaign City) 4 (9)
Matrix Games 3 (8)
Data Havens (Matrix) 3 (8/10)
Security Companies (Knight Errant) 2 (8/10)
Underworld (Matrix Crime) 2 (7/9)

English (Native)
Japanese 5 (10)

Complex Forms (resist Fading: 11)
Diffusion of Firewall (FV L+1)
Transcendent Grid (FV L-3)
Resonance Spike (FV L)

Lifestyle
1 month of Low Lifestyle, 2000
Rating 3 fake SIN, 7500 (Name: Deezy Klatta)
Rating 1 fake SIN, (free) (Name: Beth Cotter)

Cash
415 ny

Armor
- Chameleon suit (with chem protection, nonconductivity and thermal damping all at rating 2), AR 9, 3700
- Armor vest, AR 9, 500

Weapon
- Browning Ultra Power, ACC6/7, DMG 8P, AP -1, ammo 10(c), mode SA, RC 1, int. laser sight, 640
** Silencer, 500
** Concealable Holster, 150
Ammo (7 extra clips), 35
- 30 regular, 60
- 20 APDS, 240
- 20 stick and shock, 160

- Streetline Special, ACC4, DMG 6P, ammo 6(c), mode SA, RC 1, -2 to MAD scans to detect, 120
** Concealable Holster, 150
Ammo (1 extra clip), 5
- 20 APDS, 240

Gear
MetaLink commlink, 100 (loaded with fake SIN)
Rating 2 Contact lenses with Flare Compensation and Low Light Vision, 1150
Subvocal microphone, 50
Trodes, 70
Electronic paper (6), 30
Datachips (10), 5
Stealth tags (10), 10
Sensor tags (10), 40
* 2 cameras, 200
* 2 omnidirectional mic, 100
Low light flashlight, 25
Slap Patch (Stim) 3, 75
Tag Eraser, 450

Contacts
Mac (Fixer) Con 6 / Loy 1
Reggie "The Snake" Conner (Street Doc) Con 2 / Loy 1
Tyler Horst (Knight Errant Officer) Con 3 / Loy 3

Karma expenditures
Current 0

Complex Forms
- Resonance Spike, 4kr
- Transcendent Grid, 4kr

Registered Sprites
- FUTBOL (Fault Sprite) Rating 6, 1 service, 1kr

Bonus starting funds - 6kr (18000ny total start funds)[/sblock]

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
[MENTION=6776381]Mosier[/MENTION],

If you refer to page 425 in the SR5 rulebook you'll see that holdout pistols can't take accessories (the intent of this is to prohibit attachment accessories. Accessories like special holsters and spare clips are of course available). This means no smartgun system or laser sight for the Streetline Special.

Vehicles have two kinds of identification in 2078: Identifier chips and license plates. The ID chip is considered by far to be the most important - license plates are primarily a way to identify vehicles in photo and video evidence. You can drive around with a low (but not non-existent) likelihood of being pulled over without a plate but you'll be flagged quickly if your vehicle doesn't have that chip. Your bike comes with a legitimate chip but it's going to be scanned and registered every time you go through an intersection, stop at a traffic checkpoint, or pass a beat cop on the street. This is obviously not suitable for running.

In Rigger 5.0 there's an item called a Spoof Chip available for 500ny and I highly recommend purchasing one for your bike. This chip, when activated, will regularly randomize your vehicle's identification string (you can reset the chip to its default - legal - identification string at any time) and effectively makes your vehicle electronically untraceable. You can also purchase a Morphing License Plate for 1,000ny which will protect you from ever being pulled over for driving without a plate. This is much more an optional purchase than the Spoof Chip: For the most part you'll be safe so long as you remember to remove your plate whenever you're doing any legwork that can connect you to a run. There is a chance of being pulled over but it's low.

The rest of your character checks out! I rolled a 12 (same as Shayuri rolled) for your starting Lifestyle nuyen, meaning you have 2,910ny leftover. I'll be sending you a Chummer file soon.

Rubberneck's character is next.

Remove ads