D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir turned from gazing into the fog to the newcomer, this Wergil fellow. He really didn't care about the too long name the fellow spouted or comparing the length of the ancestral member. Neither did he care to have a philosophical discussion on their reason for existence in this place. That the end of the trail lay at a shed was news and Kasimir was in the process of turning away when the scream rent the fog.

In a moment he was off, trotting down the trail at a speed he could maintain for hours if necessary, away from the advancing fog, away from Wergil, away from Mr. Aldershot, and hopefully towards something black and white that required the liberal and repeated application of the blade.

[sblock=Kasimir’s Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Wrex

First Post
Regardless of what else this man may be guilty of, he did not cause that scream.

"Do you not remember me, preacher? I was there when you burnt that man to death and detonated the building. You have much to answer for".

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The halfling, sensing no duplicity in the humanoid emerging from the fog, relaxes his hand. The stick in his hand hangs loose in his fingers.

""You could be right," he says, turning bak to Kasimir: "He could be right."

"My name's Aldershot," he says, turning back towards Wergil. "Did you pass any running water?" he asks. "If not, then I suppose we head this way." He points with his stick, at an area that looks passable off the trail.

He listens for the sounds of birds or other animals, before heading off in what he supposes to be the most promising direction.

[section]Girri jumped in alarm at the wall of flame jetting from the cell. Then blinked owlishly at the white-robed man who strode forward. "Farshid al-Narra-what?" The blurt was inadvertent. She'd been about to introduce herself when the armored man leveled his accusation at Farshid. Her eyes widened. "You burned someone?" [/section]
[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

[section]Girri blinked. "Who's Amra'a? Me?" She shook her head in the negative. "No. I am Girri. And this is --" She turned to Rufus, suddenly realizing she didn't know his name. "Not al-Ghadib, I feel certain." She paused, returning her attention to Farshid. "I don't think there's any tea to be had here." Girri couldn't help it, she goggled at Farshid's robes, then murmured, "...but I don't want to go among mad people."

Frowning at Rufus then at Farshid, Girri quirked an eyebrow and turned businesslike, which she hoped would mask her confusion. "We should go. Before the building burns to cinders around us. And I think we should report this fire to the authorities." The last sentence came out unwittingly. Girri grit her teeth. Schiesse, even my mouth's not my own.

Girri turned and moved to exit the building. She smirked at Rufus, who continued to glower. "You coming, al-Ghadib?"[/section]
[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

"Whoa, whoa there Aldershot!" Wergil put his hand on the halfling's shoulder before he could wander off the path. "I think we should follow Kasimir and investigate that scream, and I really, really don't think you should wander off the trail in this fog! Come on!"

Wergil follows Kasimir, hurrying until he regains sight of the big man. If Aldershot accompanies him, then he tries to travel side by side with him so that he knows no-one has gotten separated.

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 15/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Very well," says Mr. Aldershot, and sets off in pursuit, though he lags behind the others with his smaller legs.

Wrex

First Post
Maybe the man wasn't evil, just deranged. From what he did to the door, no less dangerous. It also didn't escape his notice that he evaded his question. As tempted as he was to cut him down then and there, he'd be left with just as many questions. If this was his trap, may as well spring it. See who else is involved in this madness. The woman seemed keen to find the authorities, though he couldn't blame her. She seemed just as confused as he. He stalked out behind the two.

"Rufus. My name is Rufus."

Remove ads