D&D 5E What's so great about Elminster?

transtemporal

Explorer
Everyone in the realms has heard of Elminster and his legendary adventures but what I'm wondering is: what are those legendary adventures? What would the common man on the street know about Elminster? (I haven't read any of those books by the way so I don't know what those adventures were).

delericho

Legend
You probably know exactly as much as the common man on the street - you know the name, you know he's a powerful wizard/sage, you know he's had legendary adventures... but you're hazy on exactly what those adventures are.

transtemporal

Explorer
I kinda figured he was like Hercules or Achilles - everyone knows about Troy and the 12 Tasks of Hercules, even if they don't know the detail of the story. What adventures do people know about where Elminster is the central figure? Or is he the fantasy equivalent of Kim Kardashian?

S'mon

Legend
I would think he's much more Kardashian than Achilles. People know Azoun IV fought the Tuigan Horde; they're much less likely to know whatever shenanigans Elminster got up to ("He's the guy that bangs lots of goddesses/drow priestesses/Archmagesses, right?")

the Jester

Legend
I kinda figured he was like Hercules or Achilles - everyone knows about Troy and the 12 Tasks of Hercules, even if they don't know the detail of the story. What adventures do people know about where Elminster is the central figure? Or is he the fantasy equivalent of Kim Kardashian?

:crickets:

GreyLord

Legend
He's Greenwood, or the avatar of Greenwood.

Hence, though many know him merely as the Chosen of Mystra...

In truth, he's the creator of the Realms and the entire land of Faerun and beyond!

S

Sunseeker

He's Greenwood, or the avatar of Greenwood.

Hence, though many know him merely as the Chosen of Mystra...

In truth, he's the creator of the Realms and the entire land of Faerun and beyond!

I believe I have heard great tale of this fabled "Mary Sue" you speak off. All who know her fear the chaos and destruction she brings.

Remove ads