OOC [Dungeon World] The Seven Reaches

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Quick sidebar.

Should I come back in and start flinging magic missiles again? Or go see what the horn blow is about?

Getting the feeling this attack is part of a larger one, but Arafel may not be able to do much about what's going on outside by herself... Magic Missile is a pretty unimpressive spell. :)

doghead

thotd
OK. IC response is almost there. In summary, its going to look roughly like this:
1. Throk DD vs Imp fire.
2. Your moves.
3. Imp flame attack on Filip (and anyone else engage in the melee).
4. Filip attack (assuming still possible).

A couple of things I want to check first:

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] - Sounds like a choice between remain outside and Discern Realities, or return inside the hall and Casting MM. As you note, MM might not be the most powerful spell. But then the battle with the demon looks like it is going down to the wire. A few extra wounds may be the difference between ending it now or having to go another round.

[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] - A couple of questions. First off, you need to make a DD Roll+DEX vs the fire damage from the Imp which stole your sword. Is this the 7 result in the IC thread? If so, roll damage (1d6 ignore armour).

Then, your Defend move. Looks like the 11 result from the OOC thread. And is Throk Defending Filip from Demon's claws or the Imp's fire? The former threat may or may not occur (depending on how this round plays out) the latter will.

[MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] - do you mean Volley vs "the demons" (ie the Imps), or "the demon" (ie the hulking Demon of Spiky Bones)?

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] - Wow. That was some damage dice rolling.

thotd

Shayuri

First Post
Okay. Discerning Reality is Wisdom...an uncertain ability for me...so I will go in and join the fight, and shout a warning to everyone.

doghead

thotd
So I will be transferring to a new job as of next year.

What that means specifically I am not exactly sure at the moment. But what it means generally is that my ability to log in and post will become far more restricted. While there will be periods when I should have fairly regular internet access, there will be long periods, weeks maybe longer, when I am not sure that I will be able to.

On top of that we are quickly approaching the christmas period, with the inevitable demands on out free time and the slow down in activity that that usually entails. Having to move interstate prior to the new year won't help any either.

So the question is where to take the game from here?

The simplest option is wind the game up here.

The other option is to keep the game going.

While the idea of winding the game up is not very appealing, the alternative will likely be a game both slow even by pbp standards as well as afflicted by periods of inactivity on my part. Hopefully I will be able to give you forewarning of the duration of these periods closer to the time. But even so it will be frustrating for all of us to some degree.

So, over to you. Let me know what you think. Feel free to call its as you see it. Its been fun. Its not the end of the world if we wind up here. There is always another game another day.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
My experience with other games suggests that it might be better to close it down now. I'm not opposed to taking it slow and continuing, however, as long as it isn't a burden on you, doghead.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm okay with trying to push forward, but experience tells me that it's likely to wither away under that circumstance. It might be kinder to end it at an actual narrative endpoint (the conclusion of the battle perhaps), and then leave the options open to restart it as we continue to adventure, when and if time permits.

Remove ads